I went to my first doctor appointment on Monday and everything looks great with the baby! I got to listen to its quiet little heart beat! It is always such a relief to hear that first little thump-thump of that tiny little heart beat. For some reason I never fully believe that I am pregnant until I can hear that heart beat thrumming away! For those of you that have ever miscarried, had complications, or have ever been pregnant, you know the fear and anxiety that the first trimester produces, wondering if that tiny baby is alright and thriving inside your body. Yes, I am still sick, and soooooo tired, my body hurts like nothing else and every time I pick up my daughter I pull muscles in my back or in my shoulders. Even though I am experiencing all of these things on a daily basis, there is nothing more reassuring then the first time that you get to hear your unborn child's heart beating away inside you! We also got to do a little ultra sound, so I felt even more reassured because I got to see my little baby wiggling around in my tummy!
My doctor wants me to go and see a specialist a few times while I am pregnant. The reasoning behind this is because Sydney was born with such a rare form of heart defect that my doctor wants to make sure that we get this baby checked for any type of heart defect the could occur. According to what my doctor said this specialist will most likely take 2-3 in depth ultrasounds that will take a good look at this baby's heart and organs just to make sure that we have no surprises when it is born. My first appointment with the specialist is on Nov. 3rd so I will keep everyone updated on what happens then.
On a happier note my sister Julie might be having her baby today! Yeah! I can't wait to find out what this little baby is going to be and see it's cute little face!
Thursday, October 23, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
11 comments:
Yea! I'm so happy that you and the new little baby are doing so great! I bet it will be huge relief to have him/her thoroughly checked out and all. I saw Julie's pics of the new baby, super cute! Happy times in the Banks family!!!
It is so fun and a relief to hear the heartbeat for the first time. I am with you it makes it real and you know that there is a little baby growing inside you.
I hope things with the specialist go well. I am sure it will help you not stress know that how your little baby's heart is doing.
I'm so glad you got to hear the heartbeat! That's always a relief for me as well, although after the twins I try to get in at 10 weeks instead of 12 because he can never find the heartbeat so I get to have an ultrasound. That's way more reassuring for me! I'm glad you got both!
Lime extract is supposed to help with nausea. I bought lots of key lime yogurt and limeade. It helped I think.
I'm heading over to Julie's blog to check in on her. Take care!
Awww... congrats again. I'm almost 28 weeks here. We have had several sonograms, and a fetal echo already. Everything looks fine with our new little boy, and I'm sure that everything will be fine with your new one too. My son's cardiologist told me that because of his Truncus, it nearly doubles our risk of having another baby with a heart defect. But... it was only 1-2% to begin with, so from my calculations, you are pretty safe. :) I'll be thinking about you guys, and be sure to update us when you get any news!
Ashlea
That is so exciting, Caralee! I'm happy for you, and I'm glad they're taking all these precautions. I'm sure it will be worth it in the end.
Oh, and check out my latest post. It is in tribute to you. :)
Yay! What a blessing. Good thing your Dr. is getting you all checked out. Hope you feel better soon.
There is nothing like the relief that you get from hearing your baby's first heartbeat!
I'm sorry you are still feeling sick, I hope that it passes soon. I'm happy that things seem to be going well with the baby. Please know that we pray for you often and wish you the best during the pregnancy.
Hugs,
Mike
I love hearing baby heartbeats! I hope everything will go great, hopefully you'll feel better soon.
Yea!! That's so exciting, Caralee! I totally understand how you feel hearing and seeing that little heart beat for the first time, there is nothing like it. So reassuring to know everything is ok! I am so excited for you! Sydney is getting so big, and more and more darling! She will be such a good big sister. :) Keep us updated on how things are going!
A baby heart beat is my favorite sound these days. I hope you get feeling better! Just keep the end in sight and you'll make it!
Post a Comment