I have been a little under the weather lately, my house is a mess, and my child looks like an orphan. Yes, that's right folks I have the dreaded Egyptian Flu! For those of you that aren't familiar with this flu let me enlighten you a little as to some of the symptoms. Those suffering from this flu usually are very tired and weak, have very sore muscles, and are sick to their stomach and vomiting.....a lot. The victims of the Egyptian Flu usually have a hard time remembering things and usually gain weight particularly in the abdominal area. The Egyptian Flu usually runs for about nine months and at the end of those nine months the victim is turned into a................Mummy!

So in other words I am......
Some could even say that The C&S Bakery is open for business and that we have a bun in the oven.
For those of you that need it spelled out in plain English. I am pregnant(yep it was a surprise for me too!). My due date is the beginning of May. I am feeling very tired, and sick, and I cry all the time. My belly looks like it did when I was four months pregnant with Sydney(so in other words F-A-T!). A random stranger has even come up to me to ask if I was pregnant so know that I am telling the truth when I say that my belly is huge!
I am actually very excited for this baby! We didn't know that we could even get pregnant without the help of fertility drugs(not cheap!). I am thrilled that we were able to save money and bypass all the emotional stress that goes along with trying to get pregnant using fertility drugs.Remember those old Saturday morning cartoons when the cartoon character saw something shocking like a pretty girl and their eyes popped clear out of their eye-sockets then zoomed back into their head. I think that was my reaction when I first saw the positive pregnancy test. I am so used to having negative pregnancy test that a positive one just about knocked me over! No, we didn't exactly plan on having another baby yet, but I know that our Heavenly Father knows what we need and when we need it. I know that he chose this baby to come to us right now for a reason and the only thing I can think of doing is thanking him everyday for this unexpected blessing!
***By the way remember this post? It turns out that I wrote it at just about the same time that I actually got pregnant. So I am apologizing to all of you for my sarcastic comment to all the comments made that maybe I was pregnant. Obviously all of you were right and I was dead wrong! In my defense though there has been a lot of false alarms in that department. and I couldn't even imagine the possibility that it could be true.
45 comments:
Congrats! That is so exciting!
That's so exciting! Congrats :)
Congratulations! Babies are so exciting. I loved your photos and announcement!
hugs & prayers,
Christina from IHH
Yay! No more keeping it a secret. I kept wanting to say stuff on your blog or on facebook but had to keep remembering to keep my mouth shut! Love you sister! Can't wait until May to see that sweet little boy join your family (yes I am sure it is going to be a BOY!).
Love ya!
Julie
Yay! Congrats! Babies are so much fun!
@Julie: Girl Power Baby!!!
Whatevah sistah. I am gettin the vibe from your general direction and it is ALL BOY! By the way, love the mummy!
Sister maybe you are getting that vibe from that little boy you have in your tummy!
Nope. The vibe is definitely coming from the west not the south. It's you! He is going to have black hair like yours and Seth's eyes and he will be perfect!
When did you turn into a physic?
Caralee, I have watched you interact with kids for years, and I think you have a gift! You are such an amazing mommy, and this new little one will be just as lucky as Sydney. Happy days!
YIpee!!! So exciting!! Congrats!
CONGRATS! It's so fun (but busy) to have 2. I loved this post- I was laughing out loud! Yay for the Baker Family!
I was wondering if you were going to announce anything. All of your facebook updates sounded like you had the pregnancy symptoms.
Congratulations!
Yay! I'm so excited for you, and also so excited to be able to leave you a comment about it (Seth told me last week). Anyways, congrats, and if you ever need anything (like a nap) call me.
Yay!!!!!!!!! Caralee I'm so excited for you...though not so excited for you about the whole morning sickness + a toddler. You are my hero because just going through number one has been rough and I can only imagine being pregnant and having a busy toddler to keep up with! But yeah, congrats! Keep us updated on all the fun stuff!!!
@Melenie: I am so totally bad a keeping secrets I am not surprised that you picked up on it!
@Janese: I am a little freaked out because of what we went through with Sydney and because of what Sydney still has in her future, but Heavenly Father sent us this child right now for a reason so I going to have to do the best with what I've got!
Congrats! Congrats! Congrats!
Congratulations! I am soo happy for you guys! I hope you get past the morning sickness soon.
Wow, baby number 2, wahoo! The belly always seems to pop out sooner with the second. Sheridan says it will be a girl , so I checked the chinese birth chart and it says girl too. Time will tell.
Okay sorry I looked at it wrong, actually you are going to have a boy if the Chinese chart thing is right, which it was for both of my kids.
When you hadn't posted a whole lot in the past while, I had a feeling. I tend to kind of know when these things happen. Congrats!!
@Emily: I checked out this Chinese birth chart thing( I have never heard of it before), it said that for a 26 year old woman who conceived in August that it would be a girl. How old did you think I was?
CONGRATULATIONS!!!!! That is so exciting. Man it seems like everyone is getting pregnant.
What wonderful news! Congrats~
I love how you chose to announce it. Very creative!!
I love how you chose to announce it. Very creative!!
I am so happy for you!
I love your hair--you look beautiful.
I'm so happy for you!! Congratulations!
And your new cut is fab. I love it on you.
How very exciting! May will be here before you know it!
Freak yeah! That is so exciting! This is such wonderful news. I am so happy for you guys! The Lord truly does know what He is doing! Congrats congrats!
Congratulations! I'm so happy for you guys!!!Good luck on your pregnancy...
I hope its an easy one!
Hugs,
Mike
Hooray for the 200th post! I am so excited for you!!!! Congrats again!
Awww! Congratulations!!!
Yeah for you! Im so happy for you guys, and good luck!
Ohhhh- See I thought you were 25 at the time. So I guess I was right the first time.
Wow, yay! That is so exciting! It will be such a blessing for your family :)
I hope that May comes fast for you, because I am due the end of April, so that way we will both be able to fly through these pregnancies. I hope everything goes well with this one! You deserve it! Sydney is going to be a GREAT big sister!
hey congradulations that is so exciting. Thanks for the wonderful comments you make on our blog! I am have a hard time adjusting to having two kids!
LOVE the pic of the bunmaker! hee hee! Congrats again!
I see Sydney, you, and your house on a regular basis. All three always look amazing. Congratulations! we are soooooo excited for you!
Oh Deann....thats because you have only seen certain rooms in my house. If you where to look in my sink, under the table, in the bathrooms or upstairs you would see lots of things I am sure you wouldn't want to...but thanks anyway!
Congrats on the Pregnancy!!! I love the post!!! It's hilarious!!!
I am so thrilled for you and yet at the same time I am sad that so far you have been sick. I have always been in "awe" of those woman that have such wonderful and easy pregnanices (me, not one of them though). . .as I know what a struggle you have had in getting pregnant in the past. . .at least you should be rewarded with a easy - sick free wonderful preganancy too.
Congrats and I hope I get to visit with you in November when I come through St. George . . .I still want that lady bug towel if your friend can make it.
:0)
I have been remiss in checking out blogs lately, and I am waaay behind on this news!! Good grief, woman!! CONGRATULATIONS!! I'm very excited for you!
They say that after your body knows what to do with the whole being pregnant thing it's easier the next time. So who knows, after this one you may get twins! :)
Post a Comment