Friday, April 23, 2010

Happy Birthday Brock!!!

My baby is ONE today!!!

A few things about Brock at one are:
He has been walking for the past three weeks
He is sleeping better at night(not great but better)
He can sign milk, more, thank you, and he can wave bye-bye
He still wont say Mama, but he does say:
Dada
Daddy
Hi
ball(ba)
doggy(dee-dee)
Grandpa(ba-ba)
His nick names include: Brocky(Sydney started that one and it stuck) Brock a doodle, Brocky boy, Brocky-a-saures, Monster boy, and by his aunts he is called Broccoli,
He loves to dance to any type of music that he hears, he even dances to the music in the stores when we are shopping
He is an awesome eater, his favorites are
any type of meat
bread(toast)
strawberries
grapes
yogurt
cookies
ice cream
green smoothies
beans and rice
~basically if you are eating it he wants it, and he will cry until he gets some!
He is not much a juice drinker but he LOVES water
He loves to play out side and in the dirt
He loves the swings at the park
He is wearing size 12-18 month clothes(they are still pretty big on him) and he is in size 4 diapers
He loves to play and splash in the water
He is such a Mommas boy! He has to be in the same room as me at all times and will cry if any one takes him away from his Mommy! To get a break from him I have to hide in my room with the door closed while Daddy tries to make him forget about me!
He is still nursing and I love it!
He has to sleep with his blue silky blanket. He grabs the corner of it and rubs it between his fingers
He loves to play with balls and has a good little arm on him. He will throw it a good five feet or so and then loves to have Mommy or Daddy throw it back to him!
He still takes two naps a day: one at about 9-11 and then his second nap is from around 2-4.
He loves his sister and loves to get in her face and make her squeal
He loves to drink out of a straw and has been doing it for about 2 months now.
He loves to read books and point to the different pictures
He is super ticklish and loves to laugh and play games with his Mommy and Daddy!

Brock is a happy smiley little boy and we are so blessed to have him in our family!! I love you little man!!
I hope that this next year with you is just as awesome and fun as your first year was....maybe with just a little more sleeping at night!

3 comments:

Mary Ann said...

Wow! It is crazy that he is already one! I remember just one year ago when I got to come in and watch you give birth to him! He is such a cute kid! I wish I could be there for his birthday! Happy Birthday Brocky!

Tom and Juli said...

Happy Birthday Brock!!

I remember sitting behind you guys in church shortly after he was born and he was SO little (with a lot of hair!) I can't believe how big he is now!

Christina said...

Happy Birthday Brock! He still has his awesome hair that he did when he was born - I love it. He seems to be a very happy little guy and he sure does have pretty blue eyes. I can't believe it has been a year! Don't you wish the time would slow down!?