Thursday, April 8, 2010

The new the old and the cute!

Our tax return this years was spent fixing all the things that were broken or breaking around the house. We got a new washer and dryer. Our old dryer took about 2-3 hours to dry clothes, it had to go!!

We got a new dishwasher. The dishwasher we had came with the house when we bought it. It was very old and very temperamental. Every time I did the dishes, the dishwasher would smoke and no water would come out. When Seth did the dishes it wouldn't smoke but it would get the dishes only semi clean. Most of the time I just washed things by hand. So I was very excited to get our new dishwasher.

We also got a new garbage disposal(old one was broken),

new home phones. My cell phone had broke in half after being dropped on the floor. Oops! We had decided to get a home phone anyway because it would be cheaper and we could save money but when my phone broke in half we decided to do it sooner than later.

and a new flat screen t.v. (Thank you Maxfields!!) Our old one let out a very high pitched squeally sound when turned on and was so very annoying ) Also our old T.V. was the same T.V. that my family had when I was a teenager so it was pretty old too.

Anyway I feel super duper spoiled by all the new things. It has been way fun getting to use stuff that actually works! I love doing the dishes now(gasp!) and it is so fun to do laundry too( I even folded the 4 batches of clothes that I did the first day we got our new washer and dryer)!

Brock also likes all the new stuff. He loves to climb right onto the dishwasher as soon as it is open. He thinks he is such a big boy!

2 comments:

Mary Ann said...

All the new stuff sounds fun! That is awesome you could do all of that with your tax return! Brock is so cute! He can't be big enough to climb on things like that! Crazy! All of those kids grow way to fast! Love you lots sister!

Sarah said...

Brock is too cute!!! Even Cameron Laughed when he saw those pictures!