Tuesday, June 8, 2010

Big Boy Brock

This little boy thinks that he is a big boy! He fallows Sydney around everywhere and loves to do the things that she does. In fact he only wants me when he is tired or not feeling well. It is kind of sad seeing my little baby turn into such a big boy!

Brock LOVES to climb on things. I got this little rocking chair at a garage sale and this is Brock's new favorite toy. He climbs on it, stands up, lets go and makes it rock back and forth while he balances in the middle of it. Seriously it makes me crazy, because I know he is going to fall off and break his head! I usually prop it against a wall so that he cant rock hard enough to make the chair fall over but it still drives me crazy!
I love all the little faces this kid makes. This is one he does a lot. He always sticks his tongue out and it is do dang cute!!!

This kid is such a tease! You tell him not to something and he giggles and runs to do it some more. He loves to get Mommy to crawl after him and growl, it sends him into fits of giggles which of course is my favorite sound in the world! He loves to throw pillows, and is always starting a pillow fight. Everything is a game, and I think it is adorable!
Brock is quick to let you know if he doesn't like something. He is a master at throwing tantrums.


Sydney and Brock have finally started to get along. Brock fallows her everywhere and Sydney will sometimes stop what she is dong a play with him. The other day Sydney was sneaking chocolate out of the fridge, she grabbed some pieces unwrapped them and started feeding Brock too. Now that is love! She has started calling him "stinker boy" and "buddy" and she is always quick to find his binky or blanket if she thinks he needs them. I love this picture so much because it was right after baths and we where starting to get our cuddle time on. Brock grabbed his blanket and came and sat on Sydney's lap. I thought it was so cute, that I ran and grabbed my camera.


This picture makes me smile! I told Sydney to give her brother a kiss and she grabbed his face and turned it towards hers so that she could kiss him on the lips. I love these kids!

some other new things that Brock does are:
  • He loves to eat new things. The other day he ate a half of a container of black berries, and the next day he ate the other half. He cries if we are eating something different than he is. Seth and I had broccoli the other night with our dinner and I am so used to my picky eater daughter that I didn't even think about giving any to Brock. He cried and fussed and reached for my plate so I gave him some of my broccoli and he LOVED it and wanted more. He cries and clings to my legs when I am making my green smoothies, because he loves them to and wants to make sure we know that he wants some too. I love that he is such a great eater. It has been a challenge finding new things that he likes because he gets bored eating the same thing over and over(so different than Sydney)
  • He is talking more his words are: Mommy(finally) Daddy, ball, ruff ruff, grrrr, bob the builder, apple, a, b, i, e, sissy, and I know that there are more I just cant think what they are right now.
  • His signing includes: Mommy, Daddy, more, eat, all done, dog, thank you, please, milk, and fish.
  • He only knows two animal sounds(ruff ruff and roar,) He recognizes that animals make sounds but because he only knows those two sounds he constantly growls and roars when he sees pictures of different animals
  • He loves books even more than Sydney did at this age and is constantly bring them to me to read to him. He loves to point at the pictures and the different letters
  • He can recognize the letter A, B, I and E, and he can tell you what sound A, and B make( I know crazy right!)
  • He is super attached to his binky and blanket
  • He is still nursing about 2-3 times a day. Usually first thing in the morning and after his second nap, and right before bed.
  • He will not drink milk (thus the reason that I have no weaned him yet from nursing), but he does take a sippy very well.
  • He has 6 teeth that have come in, three on top and three on bottom. His one year old molars are working their way out and he has been a grumpy goose about it!
And now for the best news of all!

BROCK IS SLEEPING ALL NIGHT LONG!!!!!
He started dong this a few weeks after he turned one and has been doing it most nights sense. It is amazing how much more energy I have and how clear my head is, getting the sleep that I need each night. I am so grateful that he has finally started sleeping better!!

I love this little toddler boy so much!!

3 comments:

Mary Ann said...

Wow sister! I can't believe how big that little Brocky boy is getting! I think the pictures of him and Sydney are so sweet! I'm glad she is starting to like her little brother! He is so smart! I can't believe he is starting to recognize letters already! I'm so glad he is finally sleeping at night! I miss you guys! Love you lots!

Pam from Over the Big Moon said...

What a stud!

Also, what is the DVD series you have/had Syd watch that you said helped her with her letters and sounds so much? Is that what Brock is watching? Let me know! I still really want to get it!

Recovery Guru said...

Pam, I haven't even started Brock on the movies yet. We do starfall.com with him about twice a week and let him point to the letters that he want to see more of. He loves it and Sydney loves to help him do it to so win win. The DVD series is called Preschool Prep and they are awesome!!!!