I need to write down a few of the funny little things that Sydney has been saying/doing lately before I forget them:
The other day Sydney came up to turned around showing me her back and started yelling "Look Mommy! Look!"
I thought that maybe she was showing me that she got hurt on her back or something. I didn't see anything so just patted her on the back and kept doing what I was doing.
Sydney being very persistent, followed me, turned her back to me again and yelled "Look Mommy, Look!"
Mommy: "What Sydney? What am I looking at?"
Sydney started shaking her bottom back and forth and said "Look Mommy at my cute tail!"
I burst out laughing and told her what a cute tail she had, and then she went back to her playing, wagging her little bottom as she went.
Seth was dishing up some chocolate ice cream and Sydney came right up next to him and said "Look Daddy ice cream poop!"
Seth laughing told her it wasn't poop but that it was Chocolate ice cream.
Sydney then said "Nope, not chocolate, poop!"
We were both busting up laughing then. What a funny girl! Now that I think about it more She refuses to even try chocolate ice cream. The only kind we can get her to eat is vanilla!
Lately Sydney has been adding an "o" at the end of everyone's name: "Daddy-o" "Mommy-o" "Brocky-o" I love it!
Sydney is a very bossy little girl and when she doesn't get her way, or when someone is bugging her she says "1, 2, 3, TIME OUT for not listening!" No one is immune from being put in time out she has but her Daddy in time out, Brock(several times a day!), her friends and her cousins.
Sydney has been saying " Don't worry Mommy, I will help you!" all the time lately and it just melts my heart!
Sydney has been very insistent about labels and having the correct labels for something, especially when it applies to her. I will say something to her like "Come here pretty girl" She will look at me and say "No Mommy I am not pretty girl, I am Sydney." Unfortunately this is not a two way street because she is making up names for things and people right and left. She often calls me by my first name to get my attention. She calls Brock many things including "Buddy" "Stinker Boy" and "Brocky" and some days she insists for hours on end that her Daddy is Elmo. She bugs him to no end until he actually sits and plays with her using his "Elmo" voice. Seth get really tired of being Elmo all day and if he tries to talk to her in his usual voice she will be quick to point out "No! You are Elmo Daddy!" And then she will quickly ask a question just for Elmo. One day Seth was Elmo seriously all day and he finally told her that Elmo was taking a nap and that it was Daddy's turn, it worked for about an hour and then she was back to asking where Elmo was.
I was grocery shopping at the store with Sydney. I was looking for some frozen peaches(they where all out) I was kind of just mumbling to myself and I said something like "Where are all the peaches, that is my question?" and she said to me "No Mommy you are not Super Why, Your Mommy!" (Those of you who have kids that watch Super Why will get the humor in that one)
The other day we were all at the store grocery shopping and Seth and Brock went down one isle to get something and Sydney and I went and got some milk. While we got the milk she looked at me and said:
s:"Mommy I miss my family"
m: "You do? You just saw them."
s: "I miss my Brocky and my Daddy."
m: "Don't worry they will be back in a minute"
Brock and Daddy come back
s: Daddy I missed you so much!"
Sydney was playing on the couch and trying to sing a song about the letter silent E(can you tell we watch a lot of PBS kids). Anyway she turned to me and very seriously told me: "Mommy silent E loves me!"
Sydney was sitting on my Dad's lap on fathers day and he was trying to convince her that she was a boy. Of course she would have no part in it. She kept telling him " No Grandpa I am Sydney girl not boy!" She stopped and studied her Grandpa's face for a minute and said "Grandpa you got hair in your boogers! Don't worry I get it!" and then tried to get the boogers out of his nose. Don't worry he stopped her. So gross!
Speaking of boogers. Sydney was sitting next to a little boy in sunbeams. This little boy was chewing on some green gum. Sydney saw the gum and asked him: "You eating your boogers!"
Seth and I were talking about our day and giving the kids a bath, when I leaned over and kissed him. Sydney saw us and said:
" Mommy you love each other?"
m: " Yes Sydney Mommy and Daddy love each other!" It was so cute!!!
Just this morning as Seth was getting ready to leave for work Sydney saw him and said:
"No wait Daddy, you need to kiss Mommy" So he came and kissed me goodbye(she watched the whole time with the little twinkles in her eye that little girls get when they see kissing)
Then she said:
"Now you need to kiss Sydney" So he kissed her to
"Now Brocky!" so he kissed Brock good bye.
Then I looked at her and said " Now what" and she thought about it for a minute and said:
" Kiss Sydney again!" and giggled
This little girl sure keeps me hoping! I love all the little things that she says, they seriously make my day better! I love you Sydney girl!
7 comments:
Lol she is so sweet. I love the story about dad! That was hilarious!
Funny little girl! I miss her. And I miss you too. I hate not having a phone. It totally sucks!
She is so funny! I can just picture her saying all of these funny things! I miss that little girl!
She's so cute! I love the "Daddy-o". haha.
so cute! What a funny little girl, reminds me of things my 3 year old says, but I always forget to write them down.
What a cute and silly little girl. I wish we lived closer so our kids could play, they would have a blast together and it sounds like Sydney and my Logan would come up with some pretty funny sayings together.
Enjoyed all the stories!!!!
Post a Comment