Wednesday, June 30, 2010

Summer preschool



Sydney is going crazy with out her regular friends(the babysitting kids) coming over everyday, so I decided that I would start doing some preschool stuff with her. She already can read.....very well. So we are working on her writing letters and her name, addition and patterns.
So far I think she is liking the extra one on one time that she is getting. She is totally understanding math and is getting the hang of simple patterns too. I am pretty sure that Sydney is a lefty, like me, so handwriting is proving to be a little bit hard for her. She is having a hard time holding the marker/pencil/crayon the right way but she gets the job done.

This is Sydney's very first attempt at writing all by herself. One day she was coloring with markers and the marker that she was using was a stamp marker in the shape of an octagon. Sydney looked at the shape that it made and said: "Mommy look its a octagon like a stop sign!" I told her that was exactly right and then I asked her if she wanted to make a stop sign. She said yes and so she turned the paper over and this is what she wrote down. I don't know if you can see it but the "S" is in the middle, on the left of the "S" is the "t" and on the right of the "S" is an "O"(looks like an oval). Then on the left of the "T" is a "P"(kind of looks like a sucker). Anyway I was so proud of her that I had to take a picture of it and put the actual paper on the fridge!

Brocky boy has been doing lots of new things too. Mostly it involves fallowing me around and saying in his most whiny voice "Mommy, Mommy, Mommy" over and over until I pick him up. He has become super duper whiny and just wants his Mommy ALL THE TIME. I think he knows that I am getting ready to wean him and he is feeling the separation anxiety already. To add to all that, he is getting a one year old molar in and it has been bothering him for months now. He also carries his blue blanket around with him everywhere. It is really cute because he reminds me of the Linus character from Peanuts. You know the one that drags his blanket around behind him every where. That is my little Brocky boy too. I love this picture because you can see how Brock rubs his hand on the edge of his blanket, to soothe himself. I just hope that this whiny stage that he is in gets over soon because by the time 5 o'clock rolls around I feel extra crazy and want to run away from home as soon as Seth gets home.

1 comment:

Mary Ann said...

I think Sydney's "stop" is so cute! What a cutie! Sorry Brock has been so whiny! You could always mail him to my house!