
This is Sydney getting her EKG, she was so good! She tried to pull out the leads a few times but as long as we held her hands and let her drink her bottle she was happy!

It turned out the Sydney didn't need to be sedated for her Echo, at first I thought that it was going to be a battle trying to keep her still enough for the Echo but she kept so still, it was amazing. I totally think that all the prayers helped, I know that she would never had kept so still without them! Also it helped that it was way past her nap time and that she is recovering from the flu and didn't have much energy to fight us.

I still can't believe how quiet and still she was, 5 minutes previously she was fussy and upset in the waiting room!

A rare smile! She has been so sick the last few days with this rotten flu that has been going around. Yesterday she was so tired and sick that she slept about 18 hours, today I think she is starting to feel a little bit better!

Sydney's Doctor, Dr Ethridge was so impressed with how Sydney was doing that she said that Sydney didn't have to be seen for 6 months!! This means that the sedated Echo we had scheduled up at Primary's in December can be canceled!! Dr. Ethridge said that all her tests looked good, her heart was enlarged but that is normal for her. Also they saw some leakage in her truncal valve and her pulmonary valve,(this means that Sydney has some blood that leaks back into her heart) this also is normal for the way that Sydney's heart is formed. We are so happy that the tests went well and that Sydney's Doctor thinks she looks so good! I have been so worried that Sydney's surgery was going to be sooner then we expected but by the way that her heart looks right now, we are looking at maybe when she is around 3 or 4 years old!
7 comments:
That is sooo good! I am so excited for your little family! YEY!
That is wonderful! What a special little girl you have. Such a sweet heart too!
Hip hip hooray! I've been thinking about your little Sydney a lot ever since your last post. I'm so happy to hear that you got good news!
That is such great news! I'm so happy to hear it, and I'm so happy that things are looking up. Keep us updated all the time though, my heart aches that the little angel has to go through something like that. I'm curious about the details though - did you find out while you were prego that she was having heart issues? You are amazing.. I really don't think I could handle an ongoing issue like that.
That is all exciting news about Sydney!! Even though she doesn't feel well she looks way cute, I love her smile!! Caralee and Seth you are doing fantastic job with the sweet baby girl, keep up the good work!!!
Love Uncle Danton and Aunt Susan
Wow. that is great news. What a good little girl Sydney is! So I am curious what type of congenital heart defect she has. In nursing school I did a rotation at Primary Children's M.C. and we took care of babies with heart defects. They can be so sick! It is scary. Your daughter looks so healthy, so beautiful.
oh caralee!! that's FABULOUS news!!!!!! And can i just say, that her SMILE, is so SO CUTE! i love her cheaks!!! yay!
Post a Comment