Saturday, September 22, 2007

"It's like ray-e-ain on your Birthday"

For my birthday I got lots and lots of rain, I was so excited! There is nothing better then a rainy day and a good book to get lost in(Thanks Mary)! All day the song "Ironic" by Alanis Morissette kept going through my head, only I was substituting "Wedding day" for "birthday". Last night Seth took me out to see "My Fair Lady" at Tuachan, it was so fun! My cute hubby and my mom went in together on a nice hair straightener, I was so excited! I had a great day just relaxing, reading, listening to the rain and spending time with my family.
We went to the Sonju's later that evening and had a party! We had pizza and cake with Halloween sprinkles on it. We also watched Harry Potter 3, which is the Sonju girls favorite movie series, even though I had to cover Halle and Andie's eyes during all the scary parts!
As a birthday surprise for her Mommy, Sydney started to scoot forward!! She still hasn't completely figured it out but managed to figure it out enough to get into Macey's sacred pencil box. This pencil box is Macey's most prized possession, which she carries every were she goes. Sydney rolled and scooted over to the box and grabbed hand fulls of pencils. As much as Macey loves Sydney, she was not happy about Sydney's decision to play with her pencils. Macey was eating pizza at the table while Sydney was playing but she kept yelling across the room for some one to save her beloved pencils, silly girl!

Caught red handed! A guilty look if ever I say one!

13 comments:

Crystal said...

Happy Birthday Caralee!! Looks like you had a fun day.

Emily Orison said...

Happy Birthday Caralee! let's see does that make you 26? Sounds like you had an awesome day.

Sarah said...

Happy Birthday Caralee! We miss you and hope to see the three of you soon.

Pam from Over the Big Moon said...

Happy Bday! It looks like you had an awesome and wet birthday!

I love the rain too!!

Carlos said...

Caralee,
Happy Birthday! I was going to write to you yesterday, but I ended up at work ALL day! It looks like you had a fun day, and I would have given anything to see Sydney get into that pencil box. I could hear Macey yelling from here when I read it! I can't believe how big the girls are getting!
Love ya!

Brandi Schall said...

Happy Birthday! I LOVE my straightener, even though it's not the nice one (chi?) I can't live without it. You will love it even more when Sydney gets hair--it eliminates the chronic toddler bed-head! I'm glad you had such a fun day-- and got rain!

Recovery Guru said...

nope Emily, I am only 25, which was hard enough as it is with out adding another number (shudder) I keep telling Seth I am 22!

Janese, I put in the story about the pencils for you I thought you would get a good chuckle about it! It was so funny, and Macey was yelling in her mad voice, "Halle get her away from my pencils" over and over, yet she couldn't put down her pizza and do it her self.

Thank You everyone for wishing me a Happy Birthday!

Emma said...

Happy Happy Birthday Caralee dear! Happy days will come to you all year!

Holly Woolsey said...

Oh! I love the Sonju's! It was fun to see pictures of them! How did you get to know them? They were in my ward years and years ago when M & M were just little. They are amazing people!

I'm glad you had such a good birthday!

Spencer and Mindy said...

Yay!! Happy Birthday!! sounds like you had some people Spoil you lots! yay!! how was Tuacahn?

Recovery Guru said...

Holly- I worked at Fossil Ridge when Macey was a student there and then started to help out the Sonju's and take M and M to music and theater classes. I love the Sonju's they are a great family and Sydney just loves to go and play with the girls!

Mindy- Tuachan was so fun! The weather was perfect, we didn't even need a jacket and the play was great. Our seats weren't that great but we snuck up to the front into some empty seats!

Julie said...

I love the picture of Sydney with the hat on! So funny!

Spencer and Mindy said...

Oh Nice! spencer and i do the same thing when we go to Tuacahn!! but we didn't get to go this summer.