I don't know exactly what it is but I so totally love going to the rodeo!! I love the cowboy hats, the smell of the horses, the rodeo clowns, the bull riding, the food, the loud music, the fierce patriotism felt by all in attendance. I love the national anthem sung at the beginning of every night, and the raising of the American flag with the crowd standing, hands over hearts and eyes raised. I love the tribute to 9/11 they have every year that always leaves me with tears in my eyes, and the fact that the whole audience stood up and clapped and cheered as the soldiers entered the arena with our flag. I guess I just love what the Rodeo represents, the history of our country and the fierce love we all feel for the great country we live in.
Sydney had a blast, she looked around with the biggest eyes taking everything in! She didn't really watch the animals but instead liked making eyes at all the people around us! She got a little loopy after we feed her some cotton candy but oh how she loved it!!
Sydney also loves Aunt Mary's boyfriend Toby! When ever she could she would study his face and try to grab his hat, it was so funny to see how serious she was being!
Instead of a picture with Seth and Sydney and I (I was having a bad face day!) I am showing you a picture of the coolest lamb in the mutton busting competition.The lamb with the black face that is trailing behind the others is named Sad Sam(sorry Sammy!) and the little boy the rode this lamb rode him more then half way down the arena, it was hilarious!!

6 comments:
I'm glad you got to go. We took our students up to the arena and got to see all the animals...but I didn't end up going to the rodeo. Maybe next year...
How fun! I want to go to the rodeo. They probably don't have rodeos in PA. At least the probably aren't as fun as the rodeos in UT. I want to go to the rodeo!
Oh yeah, and cute pictures of Mary and Toby too. I miss seeing everyone so it is nice to see pictures of everyone.
Yes & yes. I love the rodeo for all the same reason's! We took Andrina this past summer & she had a blast. Something about cowboys and tight jeans that can get a girl at any age.
PS- I like the new look of your blog, very cute.
Julie- I knew that you were missing everyone that is why I put in the pictures of Mary and Toby! Mary and I thought Sad Sam was so funny and wanted to tell you about it!
Emma- I couldn't agree more about cowboys and tight jeans! Oh baby!
Post a Comment