Monday, January 14, 2008

Birthday Fun!

Sydney was so spoiled on her birthday!! She got way to many toys for one little girl to play with. I made the comment to my Mom that because she was able to survive one whole year she deserved to be spoiled a little bit on her birthday. I guess that is just my way of justifying that fact that she is one spoiled little girl with way to much stuff!
We started the partying Friday night with Sydney's first sleep over. Sydney's cousins came over for cupcakes and to watch the new Underdog movie! Then the next morning we had fruit loops for breakfast(Sydney LOVES fruit loops, this is the first time that I actually bought sugar cereal for Sydney) and played with Sydney's new birthday toys.
Then we made Sydney's birthday cake and Sydney helped by eating some of the frosting. Then we cleaned her up and she started to give out kisses! She gave her Daddy a really big kiss and then after words looked up at him and as clear as day said "Thank You!" I always make the effort to say "Thank You" to her when ever she willingly gives me something like a cheerio or a kiss and I guess she picked up on it.
Sydney didn't eat much of her cake, we had to put her hand into it before she would even put any in her mouth! She really liked to put her feet into it though!
SSSSSlurp....yum frosting!!

Sydney loved the kitty that her Aunt Sarah gave her, it really meows, purrs and turns its head around! When Sydney saw it she gave it a million kisses and started to rock it in her arms!

At the end of the day Sydney demonstrated to us all how big she was by walking, she is getting better every day! We are so thankful for all of you who helped spoil our little girl, we are truly blessed to have so many friends and family! Happy Birthday Sydney girl!!

17 comments:

Crystal said...

Those must be Reeve's boys! The one on the right looks just like him. (Reeve grew up down the street from me...my brother & he were buds.)

She's such a good little walker!

Recovery Guru said...

Yes they are Reeves boys they look so much like there daddy!

Anonymous said...

It looks like Sydney had a couple of days of birthday, but for the first one may as well go all out. She looks so cute in her pictures!

Jess said...

Happy Birthday Sydney!! She really is a cuite pie!!

Lane and Katie Eyre said...

She is adorable. I love her little birthday outfit! I'm glad she had a happy birthday!

Emma said...

She is so cute! You got some great birthday pictures. And what would a first bday be with out a spoiled child!?

Brandi Schall said...

She definitely deserves to be spoiled! She's officially a toddler--how exciting!

I love first birthdays, they are so momentous!

Knighton Family said...

Caralee, This is Reeve. Your blog is wonderful. And those two boys are very handsome. I just wanted to tell you, though, that the combination of the paisley background with the white font is kind of hard to read.

Recovery Guru said...

Sorry Reeve-o I will fix it!

Spencer and Mindy said...

oh your little sydney is just so cute! i love the pink frosting look!

Julie said...

So cute. I was looking at the picture on the side of your blog with you and Sydney, and she looks more like you than I remember. She is so pretty, just like her momma!

Sarah said...

She is getting so big and adorable! Happy Birthday Sydney!

Melenie said...

Looks like fun! By the way, she always has such cute hair ribbons and bows! It must be a lot of fun to dress up a little girl!

Brooke Bennett said...

Happy Birthday Sydney!

Lori Cottam Zavoico said...

She looks so cute eating her cake!! Happy Birthday Sydney :)

Unknown said...

I love the black and white photos of Sydney with the pink daisy. They are so cute.

Carlos said...

Looks like fun! I'm glad I got to see you this last weekend. It was fun and Sydney is such a big girl!