Wednesday, January 30, 2008

The difference a year makes.....

One year ago today we were here.....

***Warning: the fallowing video is a little graphic! This is a video of Sydney's open chest and if you look really close you can see her little heart beating!***





Today this is Sydney.....

New things Sydney can do....
  • The Zombie Walk!(as she walks from place to place her arms are stretched out like a zombie)
  • crawls up the stairs
  • opens the sliding bathroom door
  • says "Thank You"
  • says "Mmmmm" when she sees food that she wants, or when she sees that the pantry door is open!
  • makes the sound an elephant makes, when you say the word elephant, she can also buzz like a bee!
  • signs the words "more," "cookie," "drink," "cheese," and sometimes "milk"
  • dances
  • puckers her lips for a kiss
  • points
  • And has her Mommy and Daddy wrapped tightly around her little finger!!!
We Love You Sydney Girl!!!

14 comments:

Julie said...

I had truly forgotten how little and sad she looked after her surgery. Gracie watched the second video with me and she kept saying, "Owwee mommy, owee hand, owee mouth, owwee foot, owwee." I think the only one she didn't mention was her chest... Wow Sydney, you certainly have come a long way baby!

Kristen said...

You guys are incredible. And Sydney is incredible! Your family is beautiful, and I bet you have the strongest bond EVER after everything you've been through! We'll keep you in our prayers and we hope the next surgery goes as well as the last ones have.

Jamey said...

How heart breaking that must have been as a mother. I am so glad everything went well, and she is a healthy happy little girl now!

Emma said...

Oh my goodness, what a miracle!
What a beautiful little tribute to your beautiful little girl.
What a little fighter you've got on your hands!

Crystal said...

Oh my goodness! I totally cried during your videos. It's so heartbreaking to see such tiny babies with so many tubes, etc around them. Sydney is incredible. How long was she in the hospital? I can't even imagine the heartache you must have felt.

Recovery Guru said...

Sydney was in the hospital for about five weeks total! I can't believe that that nightmare has been over for a year now, and the drastic improvements Sydney has made!!

Robin Keith said...

oh my gosh...what a miracle. we are so blessed to know her.
You guys rock. So proud of all of you.

Anonymous said...

What a journey! Sydney sure is a fighter. I am so happy she is doing so well.

Lane and Katie Eyre said...

That is incredible! I cannot even believe that it is the same girl... Sydney looks incredible. What a blessing!

Lori Cottam Zavoico said...

She is such a fighter! What a great mom you are... Hope all goes well with her other surgery!

Haven said...

Wow...my heart breaks to watch her go through that, I can't believe how you felt/feel! What a difference there is in your little one. Keep it up, Syd!

Unknown said...

Oh my gosh! Eli and I were both in tears over this video. WOW. Truly amazing.

Julie Kohler said...

What an amazing little girl! I was so happy to see your comment today! Your family is beautiful, and I can't imagine all you have been through. What a strong Sydney, and what a Strong Mommy and Daddy!

Lori Cottam Zavoico said...

YOU'VE BEEN TAGGED!
The rules are: Once you have been tagged you have to write a blog with 10 weird random things, facts, or habits about yourself. At the end, you choose 10 people to be tagged. Don't forget to leave a comment that says, "you've been tagged" on their profile and tell them to read your blog.