![]() |
"I hope that all of you will remember that on this Sabbath day you heard me bear my witness that this is God's holy work. The vision given the Prophet Joseph in the grove of Palmyra was not an imaginary thing. It was real. It occurred in the broad light of day. Both the Father and the Son spoke to the boy. He saw Them standing in the air above him. He heard Their voices. He gave heed to Their instruction.
"It was the resurrected Lord who was introduced by His Father, the great God of the universe. For the first time in recorded history, both the Father and the Son appeared together to part the curtains and open this, the last and final dispensation, the dispensation of the fullness of times.
"Joseph Smith was and is a prophet, the great Prophet of this dispensation. This Church, which carries the name of the Redeemer, is true.
"I leave you my testimony, my witness, and my love for each of you, in the name of Jesus Christ, amen."
The testimony was given by President Gordon B. Hinckley on April 1, 2006, during the Sunday morning session of the 176th Annual World General Conference.I am moved by the passing of our dear prophet, Oh how I loved this man! I loved to listen each time he talked, what a sweet, spiritual, knowledgeable man he was! He is a
wonderful man and will be fiercely missed! I am sure that he and his sweet wife are having a joyous reunion!

4 comments:
When I first learned of his death on Sunday night I was in tears, I didn't sleep very well last night just thinking about it. But you are so right, that is such a wonderful thing that he is reunited with his wife, and what a wonderful legacy he left. I have to remember that this is the church of Jesus Christ, not the church of Gordon B. Hinckley. Things will work out as they should.
Great tribute...seems we are all on the same page today...eh?
Isn't that picture of him so cute! I think he is such a cute prophet. I really love him!
Thank you for posting his testimony. Can you believe he was our prophet the last 12 years? Time flies.
Post a Comment