time to make my annual New Years resolution. I have never been any good at keeping goals. I always have good intentions but as soon as things get a little difficult my goals fly out the window and I just sort of wave at them as they fly by. This year I am going to post them so that by writing them down for the blogger world to see maybe they might stick a little tighter this year.
#1 I want to increase my self esteem.
I have never really had a great self esteem, I think it is partly because my whole life I have always been over weight. I have two medical conditions that cause me to gain weight and also prevents me from loosing it. This year I am going to try my hardest to loose weight and get healthy! Both of my medical problems make it hard for me to get pregnant, my goal is to become as healthy as I can so when the time comes that we feel like we want have another baby, my body will be as ready for it as possible.
#2 I want to increase my spirituality
I feel like increasing my spirituality will help me to decrease the stress in my life and learn to enjoy the simple things life has to offer. One thing that this past year has taught me is that Heavenly Father is always here for me, willing to help me if I just am willing to ask for it. So many times I have struggled alone with my trials, to independent to stop and ask for help from anyone. The moment that I felt like I couldn't carry my trials a moment longer, I would finally ask for help. It seemed that the very moment I prayed for help my burden was lifted. My goal is to not make prayer my last resort. I hope that in this coming year I will pray first when a trial comes my way, instead of waiting until I feel like I am drowning to pray. I also want to increase my scripture reading and temple attendance.
#3 I want to learn to be a better cook
I want to learn to cook healthy meals. I cook 2-3 times a week and then it's fend for yourself the rest of the time. I am to impatient to really take the time to cook a great meal. That's what I want to do, learn how to cook a great healthy meal, and often!
So there they are my 3 goals for 2008, (I thought I would start out small, since I am so rotten at fallowing my resolutions!) If any one has any tips on how to accomplish them let me know, I am going to need all the help I can get!
Wednesday, January 2, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
9 comments:
Caralee, these are great! I'm about to post my resolutions, too. We have some of the same goals :)
I am no expert cook, though I try to cook 5-6 nights a week. I always buy one frozen "easy" dinner for one of those nights, and I only try to make an elaborate dinner 1-2 nights. The other nights are my tried and true recipes, some are very simple (chicken and rice anyone!) some take more prep work but are still very simple (like crock-pot chili) You probably already do this, but I like to go through my recipe books and plan out my weeks worth of meals before I shop, so I can have all the ingredients on hand--also if you specify what day to make it, it becomes totally no brainer, aside from that first day of planning that is! It gets easier once Sydney is older too, so you aren't dealing with baby food AND dinner! Good luck meeting all your goals! You can do it!
Caralee, it was fun to run into you on Christmas Eve! Sorry I didn't sit and chat, but I was on my way to our Christmas party. (apparently across the street from your party!) Good luck on your resolutions...I am not goo with mine either, but this is a new year...maybe it will be different.
Good job on your resolutions - those are great ones. Like I posted on Brandi's blog, I'm not even attempting to make any resolutions this year until I'm done with the whole new baby thing! And good luck on the dinner thing... that's definately my all time downfall. I keep my house really clean, and stay on top of all the little chores, but I hate making dinner!!!
Caralee..you should ask people for some simple, family loved recipes and put them in a box!
stephanie
Great goals!! Lane and I set our own too. One suggestion, pick a fun goal! Lane and I pick something that we've always wanted to do... something that might not take a lot of work, but something we will enjoy!
Very good goals! I'm the opposite of Kristen, I love cooking but my house could use some help! Like Brandi, I do easy dishes most of the time. And I'm always sure to make a bit extra so we can have left overs for the next day! Cook once, eat twice :)
Great goals for 2008! I am with you in the cooking department. I can cook, just hate doing it. At least my house is always clean... at least Kevin can come home to something done!
I love Kraftfoods.com for easy recipes. You can totally custom make meal plans (specific to your diet) and then they email them to you along with others that are similar. A lot of them are super simple and really good.
Also... thnink CROCK-POT, it's my bff.
I'm with Brandi - crock pots can become your best friend. Back when we had our own place I used to cook pretty good, but I have sucked since we have been with my parents. I think all your goals are awesome!
I love your goals!!! If you ever do get some easy recipes together.. I would love to have a copy...I have the same problem you do. I just don't enjoy cooking!
Post a Comment