We have been working hard on getting Sydney to communicate using sign language, the past few days Sydney seems to have taken off and is signing new things everyday! Yesterday I asked her to sign candy for me, instead of putting her finger on her check and twisting it, (the true sign for candy) she put her finger up her nose! I thought it was so funny and kept giving her more candy so that I could get it on camera!

Sydney is not a breakfast eater, and yesterday morning all she wanted to do was sit inside her hippo, reclined, with her feet up. She was having such a great time with her hippo and sitting still I gave her some cereal to eat, surprisingly she ate it all.....I love this hippo!

Unfortunately our love affair with the hippo ended when Sydney pushed it onto the wood floor. She then stepped inside of it and began to dance, which caused her to loose her balance and face planted into the wood floor, resulting in a bloody lip! The toy now resides inside the closet until one little girl learns that she can't dance inside of the hippo!

We have these wild daisy's that grow outside our door every spring until the summer sun heats them to a crisp! Sydney's favorite thing to do as we come and go is stop and pick the flowers, she will hold them all in her cute little hands and bring them close to her face to smell them! I am not sure where she leaned to do this but I am pretty sure that I didn't teach her, she is adorable!!!
13 comments:
Ha ha ha. That was so hilarious!!! I love it. Cute pictures too. She is a really cute girl! Love her!!!!
Julie
What a smart girl! I love the candy one best of all. She seems to have the cutest little personality, I know what you mean about little girls, picking flowers, loving baby dolls, being girly in general, they sure come to earth with it cause I know I didn't teach Maddi any of that either! :)
I love that video, that was so cute it made me laugh just watchinging it. Good job! Sydney is so cute!
Love Aunt Susan
That is the funniest thing I have ever seen! She is adorable!
you take beautiful pics! She always looks so cute and dressed so cute! Savanna never like bracelets(bummer). I thought the sign for candy was awesome! Love the hippo, but understand putting it away!
Boy, did I laugh hard! That kid is a future comedian!
Hehe, oh my gosh Caralee, that was the cutest thing! She is a smartie! I loved how you reinforced the sign too! You know she'll do that forever now :)
Love the feet up, lounging back for a bite to eat. So cute.
Janese- I know, I know! I totally reinforced her signing candy with a finger up her nose, but she has moved on to bigger and better things she is now signing candy with her finger in her eye or in her mouth, I have been rewarding any effort she makes! Hopefully she will eventually put her finger on her cheek and keep it there when she wants candy!
I love it! She is too cute and definitely a smarty pants!
haha! I love her sign for candy, that is so cute!
Ok Caralee, I must confess that Sydney's own sign for candy just cracks me up. I have even already commented on the post, but I had to tell you I was really in need for a good chuckle today and came back to watch it again. What a Doll!
Hi, I found your blog and had to leave a comment. Sydney is so cute!
My son who is now 10 1/2 months old was also born with a heart defect (Transposition of the Great Arteries) and had surgery at PCMC when he was 5 days old. Dr. Etheridge is also our Cardiologist and we love her so much.
I am a member of a local support group for families with children (and some adults) who have congenital heart defects. It is called Intermountain Healing Hearts and has been a great resource for us in learning more about helping our son. The website is www.IntermountainHealingHearts.org and there is a link at the bottom of the page if you are interested in joining our group. Our kids are all seen at Primary Children's and we are working with the hospital to provide information and assistance to the families.
You can read more about our sons story at www.jacobsheart.blogspot.com or contact me at christina@intermountainhealingheart.org with any questions or if we can healp you out in any way!
Best Wishes,
Christina Davis
Post a Comment