Sunday, May 25, 2008
I need ideas!
We just got the paper in the mail for Sydney's sedated echo, she will need to start fasting at 8:30 a.m. that morning until her test at 2:30p.m. that afternoon on June 3rd. This appointment is at a different time then they originally told us but we will have to make it work. So anyway my question for all you Salt Lake people is what fun(but cheap) activities can we do while we are in Salt Lake to help distract Sydney from the fact that she can't eat for six hours. Any ideas that you have would be so great! We where wondering about visiting temple square(I want to do this but I really don't think that Sydney would like it much), or going to a park, really anything to keep Sydney happy! We are planning to drive up to Salt Lake on Monday the second, Sydney's appointment is on the 3rd. Then we thought we might go do something fun on Wednesday before we drive home. We were thinking of probably going to the Zoo again, so if anyone wants to join us they are welcome to! Anyway please let us know about anything that sounds fun!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
15 comments:
There are several parks in Provo that have ducks, I'm sure there are some in Salt Lake too! I would suggest the zoo, but it sounds like you've already planned that. There is also an aquarium there with oceanic fish. I don't know how much it costs, but I think she'd enjoy that....
Here are a few I could think of:
*Wheeler Farm (Free: walk around and see the animals, there is a duck pond there, and a few little old playhoused. I am not sure when they feed the animals, but they let the kids watch and help I think. They have wagon rides you can pay for, like $2 I think.)
*Gateway (They have one of those parks that shoot water up into the air, so if the weather is nice you could go there...I know they have a children's museum there, but I think it could be expensive, I haven't been, but I heard it is fun)
*Thanksgiving point (They have a petting zoo, and things to do there, I haven't been there for a long time either)
*Gardners Village (They have a petting zoo $3 then pony rides for $2)
I will keep thinking about more. But I hope everything goes well. I need to take Aspen to the zoo this year too, maybe I will have to check my schedule. :)
Poor little gal having to fast so long!
I live by the Wheeler Farm, that's what I would suggest too.
Hope everything goes well. The Church History Museum has a cute children's exhibit with baby dolls and other fun activities. Also, Liberty Park and Tracy Aviary are always fun. Sydney's probably too young to enjoy movies, but we love the dollar theater in Sugarhouse.
If you need to be fed, we would love to have you for dinner. We'll cook anything you want!
My kids just love Wheeler Farm and I think Sydney would too because she likes animals so much. Liberty Park is awesome with lots of different playground equipment, a splash pad, a duck pond, waterfalls and a stream she can actually swim/play in! Whatever you do though, have other friends her age with you because that will distract her more than anything, I think. Call us and we would love to come play or make you dinner! Aleisha and I will have to fight over you. ;)
The Children's museum/Planetarium at the Gateway is way fun. Also, in Sandy, there's The Living Planet Aquarium with a lot of fish, octopi, jelly fish and stuff for her to touch and look at. That was a hit with our famly. Wheeler farm is really fun and she can feed the ducks there...but beware of the geese! They are MEAN!!! There's also Tracy Aviary in Liberty Park...haven't been there for a while, so I'm not sure what it's like anymore. Hope things go okay, though!! Good luck!
I've heard that the childrens museum at the gateway is awesome! I would totally go there!
I've heard that the childrens museum at the gateway is awesome! I would totally go there!
My suggestion was the gateway too.
I would love to come up and hang out with you guys, but we have an appointment up there on the 4th with Rhett's neurosurgeon, and driving up two days in a row would kill us gas wise!!
If it's warm the gateway has those fun fountains to play in. Water would take Rhett's mind off of eating any day!! :)
Good luck, you are always in our prayers!!
We just got back from SLC yesterday!I am hearing ya on the need for cheap/free entertainment! Ben and Maddi LOVED the kids exhibit in the Church History Museum, they have dress up clothes, building blocks(for building a temple!) and other little stations to play at. Madison loved to draw pictures. also Clark Planetarium Museum is free unless you end up buying something or seeing a movie! The kids played on the Moon and Mars that are upstairs FOREVER- Maddi actually got so mad when we made her leave. We wanted to do the Discovery Gateway (kids museum) but we thought it was kinda spendy for us...I think it was like 8-10 dollars per person. Maybe next time!
You are all in our prayers and our thoughts, you are one stong Momma with one amazingly tough (and DARLING )little girl!
Everyone already posted the things I would suggest. If I was being starved I might try to drink the water at the Gateway fountain or sneak bread while feeding geese :)
I would totally suggest Gateway Discovery (At the gateway mall) but if you are concerned about germies....definately not the place to go. Good Luck
I know through PCMC you can get Hogel Zoo passes. Contact Cindy in Parent Resource Center for details.
Heart Hugs,
Carolyn
I don't know of any place.. Just wanted to wish you luck, and let you know I am thinking of your sweet little one...:)
I'm rackin' my brain.......if she's like savanna, the park is the coolest idea! Good luck, we'll be thinking of you that day, that week! WE love you guys!
Post a Comment