Monday, May 5, 2008

Whats a Mom to do?


After my little girl had her second bad night of sleeping in a row I found myself up with her for the third time at 3:00 this morning trying my hardest to get her to fall back a sleep. As I sat rocking her I felt her moving in my arms, I glanced down at her, only to find her staring right back at me. She then signed "More books please!" I told her that it was night time and that Mommy needed to sleep because we had babysitting kids coming at seven in the morning. Sydney was unimpressed with my speech because she again looked up at me with those melting big brown eyes and signed "More books please!" So with a sigh I snuggled my little baby closer to me, pried my sleepy eyes open long enough to read her three books. She was still wide awake so I put in a "Signing Time!"movie (only 30 mins long) and we snuggled on the couch together! After the "Signing Time!" movie, Sydney was still wide awake so I put in "Finding Nemo". To my shock Sydney watched almost the entire movie, only to fall asleep towards the end of it at around 5:45 a.m. I laid back down and slept for 15 mins., then went to take a shower and get ready for my day! I hope that I can make it today with out any sleep! After the babysitting kids leave this afternoon, I am headed to my Mom's house, to help watch my niece and nephews. My oldest sister LeAnn, had her fourth baby last night at 11:49 pm(two weeks early and five days before my littlest sister gets married!), a darling 8 pound 20 inch little boy named Tait! I am so excited to meet the newest member of our family, I can't wait to hold him on my chest, bury my nose in his sweet little neck and breathe in that wonderful baby smell! (If Sydney will let me that is. She is kind of getting a little bit upset when she has to share her Mommy's love and attention with anyone else! )

11 comments:

jaesi said...

oh man, hate those nights. Im mean though and make them go back to sleep...
Congrats for your sister! Love the name Tait!!!

Jess said...

That is so hard!! You are a nice mom to let her stay up:) One of my friends here just had a baby and named him Tate, and he is just so cute!

Morgan said...

Oh darn that a nap doesn't look it isn't happening for you today!! That is so hard to be so sleepy!! I hope she starts sleeping better soon.

Kristen said...

Those nights are the WORST. Good thing the kids are so cute, otherwise we wouldn't be able to get through it. That picture of her is so cute though!

carolyn q said...

I am sure you are pretty exhausted but what a wonderful mommy/daughter moment you got to share together. I am sure you would have prefered it in the middle of the day though. LOL.
From the pictures of Sydney, how could you not read to her, she is beautiful.
Congrats on your nephew's arrival. There is just something wonderful about the softness and smell of a new baby.
Heart Hugs,
Carolyn Quigley
Mom to Angel Hope
and two little Devils named Nathan and Cole (all in good fun).

Julie Kohler said...

I hope that somehow you made it through yesterday! Also, I hope Sweet Sydney got worn out playing with her cousins and slept well for you last night. She is such a cutie pie, and with those beautiful eyes, who could resist? Your fam has so much going on this week!! I also can't wait to see that baby Tait!! Nothing like new baby smell...mmmmm...and a big congrats to Mary too!

Holly Woolsey said...

Oh man! I hate nights like that. Way to be for not getting mad at her! I hope you have been able to get rest since then!

Lane and Katie Eyre said...

Ugh... isn't it weird how those nights just sneak up on you. I always wonder if it's a growth spurt, something they ate, or something that happened during the day... just remember they're only little once!

Pam said...

We were up most of the night last night too. Then I woke up to find Rhett's feeding tube under his pillow!!!! ACK!!

We got the package of books in the mail yesterday. THANK YOU SO MUCH!!

Please forward our thanks on to your family as well. Rhett is loving them. Espically the Elmo one and the greedy alligator one!!

I hope Sydney sleeps well for you tonight.

((HUGS!!))

Pam and Rhett

Carlos said...

Hehe! That is adorable! I really don't know what to tell you! She is a cutie!

Pam from Over the Big Moon said...

I think the loss of sleep is what I am most worried about once this little guy arrives. No fun!