If you could go back and tell your teenage self one thing, what would it be? Stop worrying about what other people think, make friends, get outside your comfort zone and have fun!
Did you do any extra curricular activities in high school? As a sophomore I was a BAND GEEK, I was in the varsity jazz band, pep band and the marching band! As a junior I branched out a little and was in the school play,"Fiddler on the Roof" as well as maintaining my status as a band geek. My senior year was by far the hardest for me as change goes I quit band(Mr. Holt left and I hated the new teacher!) and I really kind of hated school, my friends did convince me to join the Cha-Cha Club, we learned a fun Cha-Cha dance and performed it at half time during a basket ball game. (***sigh*** I was such a geek!)
What did you do with your free time? Free time? What was that like? I hung out with my friends a lot, I also did a lot of babysitting(had to pay for my car and clothes and gas!) I also loved to take naps, long long naps!
What was the craziest thing you did in high school? Left for two weeks to go play in San Diego my junior year, it was so much fun and I had a blast. The only problem with it was that I left right before the spring choir concert and Mr. Lister was mad about it. He held a grudge against me all during my senior year and would always single me out in class and made me feel horrible!
Did you have a boyfriend in high school? NO WAY! I was way to shy to have a boyfriend, I did have about a million crushes though!
Songs that come to mind? Lady Marmalade Christina Aguilera, Lil' Kim, Mya & Pink, Survivor, Destiny's Child, I Hope You Dance, Lee Ann Womack, Kryptonite, 3 Doors Down,Blue (Da Ba Dee), iffel 65, Cowboy Take Me Away, Dixie Chicks, Breathe, Faith Hill, Kiss Me, Sixpence None The Richer.........yeah I liked mucic.......a lot!
If you could change one thing, what would it be? I think I would change a lot of things...I would have been more out going. I wouldn't have beat myself up for all the dumb things I said or did. I would have had more fun, enjoyed my time as a teenager, not worried so much about what others thought and instead just did what made me happy!
What did you want to be when you grew up? I have always loved being around children, I new that I wanted to be able to teach them. I always wanted to be a Mom.
Picture of self... H@#! NO!!!
*****I Tag.... Alyssa, Melenie, Janese, and Tiffany*****
Saturday, May 31, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
6 comments:
Hey, yeah I did the cha cha club too! I totally forgot about that! i think you are way too hard on yourself, and I totally don't remember you being that shy:)
man, I'm glad that high school is over. I felt the exact same way you did. I'm definitely not one of those people that misses it.
For me in some memories are fond, some I wish I could forget! I wish we all knew we were struggling so we could band together!
For the record I was always jealous of the groups like yours because they always seemed to be having so much fun and acted really close. I floated around all HS and--at least for the last 2 years--it was purely fallout from a big fight with girls who never really were my friends. Now I"m remembering the bad things!
I'm so glad I joined Intermountain Healing Hearts. I had only met one other family who had a child with Truncus and that was back when Brylee was born. It actually is a kinda cool story. We were in the PICU waiting for surgery and kept running into a couple and their super cute little three year old. We ended up talking with them and their daughter was in for her second Truncus surgery (what a coincidence!). It was actually a huge blessing to be able to see how she did through her surgery and just to talk to someone who knew what we were going through. If you have ever heard of Marcus in the morning on 94.9 zht it is actually his daughter. Anyway it seems like most of the people I have met have children with Left Hypoplastic but now that I'm in the group I have met you and one other family who just had their baby a few days ago. She will have her truncus repaired I think tomorrow. You probably already know them. I thought that because we had already been through one open heart surgery and other surgeries I would be fine with her next one but when I read about your precious Sydney turning blue and maybe needing her second surgery sooner than expected I started getting really emotional and anxious. I hope things go well with Sydney's echo and can't wait to see what they find out. Good Luck!!
Diane Mann
I think picture of that Cha-cha dance should be posted somewhere..
And all those songs brought back sooo many HS memories!
I'm with Emma - I want cha-cha pictures!
Post a Comment