Wednesday, June 18, 2008

E-I-E-I-Uh-Oh

Sydney has been talking so much more now that she doesn't constantly have a binky in her mouth! Her knew thing is to sing the e-i-e-i-o part of Old McDonald had a Farm, only she sings e-i-e-i-uh-oh! When she is falling asleep she usually starts to sing this, it is so funny to hear her singing to herself through the baby monitor!

Sydney is also signing a lot! The words that she knows are: Baby, blanket, more, book, ball, car, sorry, drink, eat, cracker, banana, candy, cereal, pear, peach, apple, cheese, ice cream, milk, all done, please, no, sleep, potty, thank you, hat, shoes, bath, water, flower, moon, stars, dad, grandpa, bird, fish, horse, frog, caterpillar, elephant, butterfly, dog, kitty, skunk, lion, monkey, gorilla, owl, alligator, bear, tiger, zebra, and colors. (54)

I think that there are more signs then this but that is all I could come up with at the moment. Some of the signs Sydney doesn't do completely right(almost all of the ones that are done on her face) but the most important thing is that both her Daddy and I understand her, we can work on fixing the funky signs when she understands more of where her body parts are and when she has better fine motor skills.

Here is a little/long video of different clips of Sydney talking, singing and signing.

11 comments:

Lane and Katie Eyre said...

What a smart little girl! It's so nice when you can understand what they want isn't it!?

Emma said...

That is thee cutest litle thing ever! What a smart little girl you have there.. good job to you!

Julie said...

That was so stinkin' cute!!! And I love that she signs candy in her ear. She is such a little smarty! Gracie watched this movie twice and decided that she wants to come to your house. I told her it was really far away, but she insists that it isn't. We sure do miss you guys. Hope that everything is good now that your A.C. is fixed. Love ya!

Julie Kohler said...

What a doll!! Seriously, Caralee, she is growing up SO fast! When does she turn 2? I can't get over those huge eyes... and such a smart kiddo!

Catherine said...

She is just darling! I'm so excited to see you Saturday! Isn't it ironic that Janese and I were already planning dinner together and now that you'll be in town, you and Seth can join us too? It'll be awesome!

Alyssa said...

That is a lot of words! Isn't it awesome? Ian has been signing a lot, too. I don't think he knows that many words. Now he has started signing and saying the word together. I think it must be so much easier for them to communicate when they can sign.

Carlos said...

That is ADORABLE! She is such a smartie pants! You've done an awesome job with her!

likeschocolate said...

Too Cute!!!

Caden said...

I just ran across your blog. My son also has Truncus, and he is almost 19 months old. Would it be okay if I add you to his list of friends?

Ashlea

Brandi Beaver said...

Wow! Sydney is so smart!

Mp said...

The video is so funny, I'm glad to hear she is making such fast progress.

Hugs,
Mike & Family
IHH-VP