Saturday, June 7, 2008

Slowing Down!

Sorry for not posting earlier but our wonderful internet was having problems...again! Thanks for all your comments and concern for our little Sinny Girl, she is doing a lot better!

We had a few very rough days with Sydney, high fevers, coughing and throwing up everything, and everywhere, and lots of ear pain. She seems to be doing better and for the most part has her energy back. She has had a few episodes of turning blue but those seem to be coming father apart (thank goodness!)

Sydney was put on an antibiotic, which gave her almost instant diarrhea, on Wednesday I think I changed about 15 diarrhea diapers, the next day about 10! Our poor baby's little tush is so sore that she refuses to sit on it! She will instead sit on the side of her leg, lay down or stand up, anything not to have to sit directly on her sore bum. Each time she poops or pees she stops in her tracks and screams, each time I wipe her tush her little bum bleeds! It has been a long couple of days but she is done with her antibiotic so I hope that her bum will get better soon.

On a better note we rescheduled her appointment for Monday June 23(@8:00 in the morning! Yipee!)! I am so relieved that we didn't have to wait until August for a new appointment! I asked Sydney's doctor of a prescription for a pulse oximeter, so that we could keep better tabs on what is really happening to her when she has her episodes of turning blue. The first night that I put it on her, the pulse oximeter would alarm every 2-3 min, because her heart rate kept dropping below 80, usually when she sleeps her heart rate is around 98-99. I am not sure but I don't think that her heart rate should be going this low as she sleeps, her oxygen saturations stay in the mid 90's so I know that the machine is reading correctly. I havn't got to ask her doctor about what would be a normal sleeping heart rate for Sydney, but I plan on calling her on Monday to ask.

Everything else seems to be going great, I finally feel a little bit more like me and not so much like a dead mommy, so that by its self is a good thing! I will keep eveyone posted as to what I find out about her heart rate dropping. Thanks again for all the comments and concern they really help!

10 comments:

Morgan said...

On top of everything else, she got diaper rash also?? So sad! Emily's antibiotics in Februaru gave her the runs really bad and they were bright red. It scared me to death at first but I guess its normal. The diaper rash is the worst. We went through 2 tubes of butt paste. It helped I think though. At the very least it helped it for the next time, it was kind of a sealer.

Glad that you got everything else scheduled. Also glad its in the morning so she doesn't have to go all day without eating and drinking.

Holly Woolsey said...

Hooray for the new schedule! That will be so much better!

Carlos said...

Poor thing! I'm so glad you got rescheduled for the 23rd! I hope all goes well and they can figure out what is happening with her heart. Hang in there girl!

Emily Orison said...

Glad to hear she is feeling better. Hope she is getting plenty of O2. Having a baby turn blue even for a second sounds awfully terrifying.

Tracy S. said...

Poor Girl! I'm glad she's doing better and you've got things rescheduled. Sounds like a much better situation :)

Jamey said...

One thing that has worked the best for diaper rash for me, is to take some vaseline, and then mix it with baby powder. You stir those two things together and keep it in a tupperware...it is great! I hope she feels better soon!

carolyn q said...

Oh, poor baby and poor mommy to have to clean up after so many diarrhea diapers. I sure hope that it get's better very soon so she can be comfortable.
I am glad to read that she was able to be rescheduled for her appointment so soon. . .though I am sure you are having anxiety about what they will discover or not discover.
Hopefully I can get with you when you are in SLC to visit for a bit.
Please know I am keeping your little Sydney in my prayers as well as you and your hubby because I understand the absolute stress this can be and I know from personal experience sometimes we take our frustrations out on the people who are the closest to us. Heart Hugs,
Carolyn

Robin Keith said...

get her some acidolphilis in yogurt to slow down the runs. It counteracts the antibiotic which kills even the good bacteria. Glad to hear she is better...ah the worries, the worries of a mother...
glad your mom is nearby and available for consult. we never had that..
s and r

Pam from Over the Big Moon said...

I'm glad you were able to reschedule her appt in June! I hope her bum is healing! Poor little thing! Keep us posted!

Lyman and Kim said...

I would imagine that Sydney's appointment is in SLC....If so and you are up for it then you are welcome to stay at our house so you don't have to get a hotel room. We don't live as close anymore but we are still in the valley (West Jordan).