Saturday, June 14, 2008

The last few days!

The last few days with Sydney has been a little hard! I didn't realize how much she depended on her Binky to keep her happy throughout the day, she has been Cranky with a capital C!

Nap time has gone great from the very first day. Bed time......well that is a different story! The first night Sydney cried and screamed for about an hour and a half. Periodically we would go in and check on her just to try to calm her down. Seth kept going in and letting her come out of her room to cuddle with him while he sat at the computer. I told him that we couldn't do that, that Sydney needed to learn how to go to sleep by herself with no Binky, no Daddy, and no Mommy. So the next time Sydney needed to be checked on I went in to try to sooth her. Sydney took one look at me and started pleading "Daddy! Daddy!" I let her look at a few pictures of Daddy that are in her room, had her Daddy come and give her a kiss. Then I sang her a good night song and laid her back down. She finally fell asleep about 9:30 the first night and around the same time the second night. Everyone keeps saying that it takes about 3 days to get babies over he Binky so I am hoping for just one more night of screaming and crying!

Small confession, I didn't clip ALL of Sydney's Binky's. I left one Binky un-clipped, mostly because I didn't know where it was. Also I wasn't entirely sure that Sydney was all the way ready for the transition from all Binky's to none. During her screaming fits and tantrums the last few days I have been so tempted to search for that un-clipped Binky but I have stayed strong, because I know that she is plenty old enough to stop having her Binky! I think it will help that Seth is going to be home today and tomorrow so he can help distract her from all her tantrums.

As for other news, our AC is broken again! (For those of you who don't know, our AC broke last year because of this, this, to try to stop it this happened) Thankfully our AC is still under warranty so we are just waiting for the part to come sometime Monday. For the most part the ceiling fans do a good job of cooling down our house, but by the end of the day our house is around 85-90 degrees and just plain hot! (probably part of the reason Sydney is having such a hard time falling asleep at night!) I really hope that we can last the weekend in our hot house, without melting into a pile of liquid mush! It seems like we are having a lot of bad luck lately.( I broke my toe yesterday....kicked a chair....bad luck!) I keep hoping that we have reached our quota and that it is our turn for some good luck!

7 comments:

Holly Woolsey said...

Way to stay strong with the binky fits! And I can't believe your AC went out again! That is so awful! I've had ours go out during the summer hot months and it sucks! I hope they get it fixed Monday for sure!

Allysa said...

Hey Caralee! Thanks a ton for letting me know how to add the playlist! it worked! Feel free to check out my blog whenever u want and leave comments! As u can see we are a family of little children...haha but its cool. All of my family has to email me their comments cuz they don't have a google account so it will be nice to read actual comments on the blog haha. thanks again

Allysa said...

by little children I mean lots of litle children. haha

Julie said...

Way to stay strong with the binkys girl! I think that is so funny that nap time is no big deal, but bed time is. Hmmmm.

Anyway, as far as the bad luck, wasn't it about this time last year that you had to break plates in your back yard?

Recovery Guru said...

Julie is wasn't plates that I broke it was glasses. I see your point though it did seem to help get rid of all our bad luck!

Emma said...

Oh man, your luck must change! We haven't even started up the ol' A/C yet here, not that does anything for you but I thought I would just rub it in!

Julie Kohler said...

Oh Caralee! How in the world would a 'new' AC unit break AGAIN!!?? That's the worst, especially with little ones. Way to go on the binky siege, Maddi is almost 2 and I haven't "pulled the plug" yet... turning 2 is my limit! Ben was never this attached to his bink, and I'm afraid I'm in for major drama when I take away Miss Maddi's. Oh dear... it seems though, that at least Sydney is feeling better enough now from being sick! Hope her bum gets better quickly too, poor girl.
BTW, I think I'm agreeing with you on spelling Kaleb w/ a 'k'- it's just kinda more fun.
Hope bed time is less traumatic tonight!!