Thursday, January 28, 2010

Brock @ 9 months

This smiley little boy is nine months old! He was being such a cute little stinker that I couldn't resist the urge to do a little photo shoot! I love his toothy smiley face! he still only has two teeth and the other ones keep trying to come in but they never do. He is in 9-12 month clothes and has been sense he was 7 months old and is in a size four diaper.

Brock is such a sweet little boy! He is finally crawling!!! He loves to crawl after me as I am going about from room to room. His favorite thing right now is to crawl over to the book shelf and dump all the books on the floor. He also loves to crawl after his sister as she is playing but she usually has a fit if she sees him crawling towards her. I keep telling myself that someday she is going to like him...even if it is just a little bit.

Brock can pull himself up and stand holding on to things. He learned how to do this about 2 days after he started crawling. He loves to stand up and just look at things. He has also learned to nod his head yes, to growl on command, and he loves to bounce his body to music. He laughs really hard when he dances with Mommy in the kitchen to the radio! He loves anything that he can feed himself and gets really mad if we are eating something that he doesn't have. He growls at us and whines until we give him little bites of what we have.
This little boy is finally learning to sleep in his crib(shhhh! Lets not say it to loud. I really don't want to jinx it!) He will sleep for a least three hours by himself at night and trust me that is awesome. A few nights he has even slept in his crib from about 10pm-4am. Something that has been totally unheard of these past nine months!!!

Both kids came down with ear infections this weekend. It was interesting to note the differences between the two sick kids. Sydney has always been a fighter. She gets sick but fights through the pain and is usually pretty good with it(I guess she has learned to be tough being sick all the time these past 3 years). Not my little Brocky boy. He fussed and cried and wouldn't eat and wouldn't drink and was just an all around miserable little boy. He had an allergic reaction to the amoxicillan too and is now covered in a rash. Poor little bunny!

I just love this sweet little boy and I wouldn't trade him for anything!!!

5 comments:

Mary Ann said...

That little Brocky boy is so adorable! I just want to tickle him! Crazy that he can pull himself up! He is too little to do that!

Christina said...

I can't believe that he is already 9 months. It seems like just a couple of months ago. He is a sweety and I am sure that he just loves his mommy too much to be away from her - even at night.

Pam from Over the Big Moon said...

I love how his eyes squint when he smiles! He is so cute! Can't believe he is 9 months already!

Emily Orison said...

He is so adorable!! His hair is looking very strawberry blond in some pictures, or is that a light reflection?

Recovery Guru said...

Emily he does kind of have a red tint to his hair. He had it even as a new born when he was born with black hair. I have no clue what color his hair is going to be!