
Sydney's follow-up appointment went better then expected! Her doctor took her off of the oxygen (yeah) something that I really didn't expect to happen. The irregular heart beat that her pediatrician heard last week was gone, I was really surprised about that. I was worried that the irregular heart beat was going to cause problems that we really didn't need, but I am amazed that it is gone and her heart beat is good and strong and regular. Her chest x-ray looked good, the doctor said that her heart was still a little enlarged but that is to be expected until it completely heals and her left lung looks good. The spot on her incision that is infected have the doctors worried, they put Sydney on another antibiotic and they want us to stay in town for a few more days so that they can keep an eye on it. There is a possibility that the infected sight could open up or that it could be the bone that is infected and if that is the case they want us close by so that they can take care of it immediately. It's kind of lucky that we are up in Salt Lake when the infection happened so that we are close by just in case. We will stay in Salt Lake for a few more days or until her chest looks better.
3 comments:
Love the outfit and bow!!! Is that the cousin who is two weeks! Oh my Goodness. Sydney is so little. I love her smiley face!!!! What an amazing blessing! Take care
love ya
Deann
Wahoo! I'm so glad things went well at the Doctor's. I've been worried about you guys all day! Thanks for the updates, let us know when you'll be back in town!
Janese
What GREAT news, no more oxgyen. The pictures are so CUTE!!!! Sydney's smile is soooo cute. The pictures of Samuel and Sydney are so cute I love it. I am glad to hear things are going so good, I hope in infection gets cleared up so you can get home again.
Love
Uncle Danton and Aunt Susan
Post a Comment