Sydney has changed so much in the last few weeks that I feel the need to write some of these things down so that I can remember them. My goal is to someday get my blog published into a book for Sydney, so I need to write these things down.
Sydney has been testing the waters lately, she is starting to do things that she knows are naughty to see if Mommy and Daddy will let her get away with them. Her favorite is to make messes with her toys, books or diapers(above picture) just to see what Mommy and Daddy are going to do about it. If we don't know that she has made the mess she will come find us and say "Uh-Oh! Uh-Oh! jabber jabber jabber!" with this very concerned look on her face. She will then take us by the hands and make us fallow her to the scene of the the crime. We of course make her clean up what ever mess she has made, sometimes she is willing and sometimes she bawls and cries like we are beating her!
Yesterday Sydney crawled onto the bottom self of our bookcase, leaned back and said "I am comfortable." I was shocked by what she had said! I just looked at her confused and said "What?" She looked back at me smiled and said "I am comfortable." Where she leaned to say this I have no idea!
Sydney is obsessed with cooking! She carries around measuring cups and spoons all day long. If I am doing ANYTHING in the kitchen she pushes a chair up to the counter so that she can "help" me! I usually give her some measuring cups, and bowls and a little flour to play with and she is perfectly happy. She loves to see me crack eggs open! It makes her laugh so hard that when ever we open the fridge she will point to the eggs to try to get me to open some.
The one that is making me nervous is that Sydney is such a social butterfly and loves strangers. If someone comes to our house, or at Church, or at the store, Sydney will grab this random persons hand and try to get them to come play with her, or she will beg them to pick her up. Last week at Church she was going up to all the Grandma's and Grandpa's and giving them high five's, flirting and trying to get up on the bench to sit by them. When she was done playing with them she found a random Daddy and made him pick her up and hold her.(I love that she is so social, accepting, and loving, but it still makes me nervous that she does it to complete strangers. We will have to work on that one.
Sydney loves letters! She can recognize and say the letters o,v,a,b,c,j, and k. She also can recognize and say upper and lower case I. She can match some of her letters together, and she can count to 3.
During the last few weeks Sydney has been coming up to me and signing "sleep" 4-5 times a day. So I will take her into her crib, let her snuggle up with her special blankets and her stuffed doggy and kitties. She will stay in her crib for around 10 minutes before she starts playing. At that point I know she is ready to get out, so I go and get her. I think that she just needs a little break and is smart enough to let me know what she needs instead of screaming and having a tantrum like some kids do. I love that she uses her signs to communicate to me her needs and her thoughts.


8 comments:
I love the "I am Comfortable" pose. She sure does look comfortable! I can't believe she is talking so well. Way to go Syd!
Cherish these moments and miles stones. I know all too well from personal experience that before you know it they are turning 18 and graduating from hight school, then having their own kids.
She definitely looks bigger and more grown up now. I'm impressed that you've taught her sign language, I better learn some myself.
That's got to be so nice that she signs 'sleep'. What a cutie you have. So, me and Jamey (Moore) went to Michelle Sorensen's reception tonight. It was so fun to see old friends and it brought back so many memories of our old ward. So fun!
I can't believe how much that little stinker of yours is talking. She could talk circles around Sammy!!! And I can't believe how long and thick her hair is getting. She is so darn cute! Give her a hug for me!
She even looks older in those pictures! Her hair has sure grown! She is so dang cute and it sounds like she is growing and changing and learning tons everyday!
Sydney looks so grown up!
She is so adorable and what a smartie pants.
Smart girl! and a big helper too. I love her dark curls of hair.
Post a Comment