As you can see from the picture above that I have obviously lost it, because I am going to try potty training Sydney*gasp*! I know that she is still kind of young but I was looking at the price of diapers and the fact that when Sydney grows out of the size 3 diapers and into the size 4 that the size 4 box comes with 15-20 less diapers. I am already spending about 50 dollars a month on diapers and wipes, when we switch to the next size I don't want to have so spend even more on diapers. So I decided to try potty training. The very first time Sydney sat on the potty this morning she peed! So of course we had a little party and she got a potty treat. I have tried about 3 more times today with not very good results, but we are going to keep trying!
On a different note Shay (the mom of one of the little girls I babysit) is incredibly creative, she comes up with the coolest ideas and makes some of the cutest things. I mentioned to her that I wanted to make Sydney a lady bug hooded towel, so she thought about how to do it and made one for Sydney. It is so adorable! She embroidered the words "Love Bug" on it, put cute black spots on the back and little bug antennas on the hood! She did this for me as a trade for babysitting, I truly love being friends with someone(Shay) so willing to share her creative genius with another someone(Me) who has absolutely none!
(Here is the back view) I can't wait to use it on Sydney, I will try to get some cute pictures of her using it!
I love these pictures, Sydney is sitting on the potty and giving me a look like "Take the picture if you must. Anything to get you out of my face!" Boy am I going to have my work cute out for me when she gets to be a teenager!*** As of Sunday evening Sydney has peed on the potty six times in the past three days!!! I Think that she is understanding the concept of sitting on the potty and getting a treat after. Her treat of choice are Sixlets which she calls "balls", and she know just where they are kept after she is done on the potty! Today she peed on the potty just as a young man from the ward came buy to collect fast offerings. I usually sing a potty song and dance around a little, then go get the "ball" treat. I was way to embarrassed to sing the potty song with him there, so Sydney just got her treat but that was fine with her!****

14 comments:
Good luck with the potty training! It is so worth the time it takes to get it done!!!
I just watched a potty training DVD that was saying the average time it takes to potty train is 8 months! But I am sure Sydney will catch on faster than that, best of luck.
One thing I am going to start doing with Cole is put him in regular cloth under ware with a plastic liner over it so when he feels that he had an accident he won't like it. This worked wonders in getting Nathan potty trained (less than a week). The only problems with this is like using cloth diaper because then they have to be cleaned. . not a fun job for mom.
I love that towel! Oh, I have a neice that would go BONDERS for one, so if your friend is up to selling any. . .let her know I would buy one! I too am in AWE of those that have such awesome creative talents.
Okay those pictures of Sydney with that flower in her hair is so cute!
Also the Saturday before Thanksgiving we will be traveling to California and would love to stop and visit/meet you if you are going to be around (plenty of advance notice don't you think?)
Heart Hugs,
Carolyn
Wow, you are brave to start potty training. Cute girl! Cute towel!
You are brave! Keep us updated! I hear girls are easier to potty train then boys though. It will be nice to save the moolaw!
I think you may be just as crazy as Shay cause she started potty training Tay this week! Haha, I think you can do it....you do have some experience in the potty-training category! That towel is adorable! Shay just amazes me. Fun pictures!
Cute towel, but I love the potty, where did you get it? Is that a weird question, or what?
share any ideas with the potty training, 'cuz I've been draggin my feet with savanna, but I"m ready for her to be potty trained.........and I'm so ready to stop changing two girls diapers and the expense it brings each month to us! That sydney is a doll! I love the towel! cute idea!
That is a really fun towel!
Good luck with the potty training! Although it took until Sonora was ready before it was successful. She had a few attempts with my prodding, but it took until she said, "I wanna go potty and wear Big Girl panties" that it actually happened. Don't be discouraged if it doesn't happen for another (I hate to say this) year, though! It will happen.
The price of diapers is staggering, but I noticed when S would grow out of one size she didn't need as many diapers, so the cost didn't go up.
@Mel I got the potty chair at Target I think it was about $28. I decided to go for a little more pricey one because this one has a sensor at the bottom that will play a song when she pees or poops. I am all about that instant reinforcement just in case I'm not paying that close attention!
Way to go Sydney. A lot of patience and persistance and she will be there.
Love the pictures of her. Dang cute.
-Carolyn H.
That's so cute! Caden's getting interested, and I can't wait!!! He knows what poopy is, and he walks to the bathroom right after he poops. *Sigh* Hopefully he'll get the idea of going BEFORE he actually poops. Sure is exciting to think it could be soon!
Ashlea
Yay for the potty training! It sounds like she is doing great. The cost of diapers was exactly the reason I PT Lincoln too. I'm a big believer in it being potty TRAINING (the parents TRAINS the child) instead of it being "I'm three now and don't like to wear diapers". Before good disposable diapers came along kids were trained at like 15-18 months so if they could do it then, you most definitely can do it now :) Keep us posted on her progress.
Hey, I've been away from the computer for a couple of weeks and was really behind in keeping up. Don't show the towel to Lindsay, she will want one too...her whole room is lady bugs...
Congrats Syd on the new adventures in potty training...
Post a Comment