Wednesday, August 6, 2008

Random happenings

Potty Training is going way better than expected. Sydney's average is peeing in the potty 3 times a day, way better than I imagined she would do! This morning she even woke up dry!!!! I do have to keep a good eye on her because she still wants to get up and run around and then she ends up peeing on the carpet. Yesterday I put Sydney on the potty and then ran to make her some lunch, I heard her moving around and ran back in to the room to see what she was doing. Sydney had got up from the potty to grab her kitty and her doggy. She went back and sat on the potty and was making them kiss each other. I just had to laugh, because this is classic Sydney behavior lately. She loves to make her stuffed animals kiss each other. Sydney has a little stuffed dinosaur(she conned her Daddy into buying it for her at the store!) and she goes around and makes it kiss the T.V., other animals (dogs, kitties,cows,ducks) Daddy, and Mommy. She is even starting to feed her stuffed animals. When she has a snack in her hands she will first bring it to her doggy or kitty's mouth before she will eat it.
This is a picture of my mom's dog only surviving puppy(the little boy died of a cleft palate). My mom and I have been taking turns keeping this little girl alive, she has almost died three times now. My mom's dog Molly, got an infection after she gave birth prematurely to the two puppies. Because Molly got the infection she lost most of her milk, so we had to take over in order to save the last puppy. The puppy has to be bottle feed around the clock every 2-3 hours. On the days that my Mom works 12 hour shifts at the hospital, I bring Molly and the puppy to my house. The exciting part is that because I have been helping out so much in keeping this puppy alive my Mom as decided to let me have her! I have wanted a Yorkie puppy for so long, but they are way to expensive($1000). We are still working on keeping her alive but she is slowly getting stronger and even started barking on Monday. I have no clue about what to name her though. I want a name that has a lot of character, so if anyone has an idea I would love to hear it!
Here are a few pictures of Sydney in her Lady Bug towel. She thinks that it is the funnest thing in the world to run around naked with her towel!

12 comments:

Anonymous said...

Good job on the potty training you guys! You are a lot braver then I am! I don't even have a desire to start with Eden. So I imagine it will be a little while before we even try. Cute new blog!

Love ya sis!

LeAnn
(For some reason my password won't sign into blogger so we went with the anonymous option)

Emily Orison said...

Congrats on the new puppy! how fun! I like human names for dogs the best. Consistency and not leaving home is what I have found to be the best way to potty train quickly, but I just don't have the dedication right now. So good for you keep up the good work!

Julie said...

I think you should name the puppy Julie's puppy... he he he. Love you guys! I can't believe that little girl of yours is going potty 3 times a day in the potty chair!!! What a big girl! Have fun!

Love,
Julieo

Recovery Guru said...

@LeAnn: Send your Eden girl to my house and I will potty train her for you! Of course you would owe me free babysitting, thats a fair trade isn't it?

@Julie: I am sorry that you don't get a puppy, if you really want me to I will name her Julie after you!

Unknown said...

Wow, I don't blog for a while and all the kids look so big! Sydney is a big girl! and potty training even! wow. I like names like dog names that are people names that I wouldn't use for my child like penolepe and call her penny, maggie, etc

Recovery Guru said...

@Janel: We have been thinking about Penny but I like Penelope better. Also I had a dream last night that we named her Maggie....totally random!

Carlos said...

Fun stuff! That puppy is so cute! And I'm way excited that potty-training is going so well...you're a professional after the pre-school haha. When we get a puppy we're going to name is Tuka (Tooka) it's a Brazilian dog name that I think is way cute. So, if you want you can use it to haha

Anonymous said...

She is so way Cute!! I just got done reading your blog! I am just glad that our little boy will be just like any other kid. Where do you guys live at? How old is your little girl.

Spencer and Mindy said...

oh that's thee 2nd cutest puppy ever! Cosmo being the CUTEST EVER!! ;)
as for a name: i like penelope, or Cougar! :) I hope she keeps getting stronger and more healthy!! she's adorable!

and wow on the potty training! you rock!

Lane and Katie Eyre said...

So, so cute! Your daughter is full of personality. I love the ladybug towel, and I'm glad that potty training is good... it's still a struggle at our house! The puppy is adorable!

Mp said...

I'm glad to hear that the potty training is going so well, Brinley picked it up pretty fast...but then we had another surgery that slowed her down - but not for very long. I totally agree that girls potty train faster then boys. Continued success!!!

Hugs,
Mike & Family

Mariesa M. said...

I'm soo glad to hear the potty training is going good! I was thinking about starting Macey, but then thought I was crazy. So I'm glad to see that Sydney is doing good with it! Cute ladybug towel. :)