So Seth has been going to see a different dentist for about a year now. Mostly because all the guys that he works with had convinced him that Dr. Earl was a great dentist and as an added bonus the guys said that Dr. Earl had cute dental assistants working for him. Usually I would get pretty jealous and upset about something like that but Seth sore up and down that he has never got the cute dental assistant so I was okay with letting him continue seeing Dr. Earl.
So anyway I made an appointment to see this great dentist Dr. Earl for my sore tooth, and who should usher me back into the dental chair but one of the cute dental assistants.
A cute male dental assistant. McCutie.
Yes, that's right ladies I got to have McCutie work on my sore tooth. It kind of makes going to the dentist not so bad right! Not only was he cute but he was so nice, instantly he felt like a long lost (really cute) friend/brother! We got talking and he was mission companions with Stewart Wilkey, a fellow Panther alumni. Stewart and his dad were my family's Home Teachers for many years. Anyway McCutie figured out that part of one of my previous fillings had broke and he was doing some tests to see if I would need a root canal done on that tooth.
So as McCutie was doing these tests Dr. Earl came in to finish up the testing. The first thing that Dr. Earl did was touch a freezing cold cotton swab to each of my teeth to see which one was the most sensitive to cold. The first few didn't really hurt at all, but when he touched that swab to my sore tooth, I wanted to punch him! I might have too, if I hadn't been withering around in my chair, sobbing from the blinding pain that my poor frozen nerves sent shooting across my face and down my neck. Seriously, was is necessary to make the patient that has been already suffering for days from her tooth pain, pain that need I remind you caused two days worth of migraines, was it indeed necessary to magnify that pain by 900. Seriously.
Anyway as I laid there sobbing from the blinding pain(trying not to scream or swear), McCutie leaned over, rubbed my shoulder and wiped the tears off of my face, in a very cute brotherly way. Also when Dr. Earl was giving me a numbing shot that was aimed directly into the nerves of my tooth, McCutie saw how much pain it was causing me, so he reached over and held my hand while I was in pain. Seriously! Why haven't the dentists thought of this sooner? Dental offices everywhere should have their very own McCutie to help all the suffering women not suffer quite so much from the pain of getting work done on their teeth. I am never going to another dentist ever again! Dr. Earl will be my dentist for life and in fact I may even come in for regular check ups from now on too!
So anyway Dr. Earl decided that I was going to need a root canal done on my tooth. I have never had to have one done and I am feeling major anxiety over how much this is going to cost. We have been pretty swamped with bills lately. Dr. Earl drilled out the nerves in the infected tooth so that most of my pain could finally be over, he gave me and antibiotic because the tooth was infected and sent me on my merry little way. I have an appointment to get my crown done on Thursday afternoon. For some reason I am not dreading it quite as much as I usually do!
Wednesday, August 27, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
15 comments:
I HATE the dentist, too. I am long overdue for a check-up but don't want to go and hear the words "cavity" or "root canal"--because it means pain and $ :(
I had a root canal and crown put on two years ago--it really wasn't as bad as I thought it was going to be. I think it would have been LOTS better with a McCuite next to me though! I hope everything goes smoothly!
Ugh, I hate the dentist too. I feel your pain about bills, its so annoying to have something ELSE come up when you least expect it.
Haha! That is too funny! Everyone need a McCutie at the dentist!
LOL! Love that McCutie was able to be there for you. Total bummer on the root canal though. I really hate how expensive dental work is!
PS I love the Wilkey's! I went to their house with Stew (and I think Jared Decker) one day and we ate an entire loaf of his mom's freshly baked bread with homemade jam. YUM! And Rex and my dad are like BFF. Pretty funny.
Thank you McCutie!! Love it! Can I get one of those?
when they are working on your tooth, just close your eyes and go to your happy place!
Wow, I'm sorry, but happy they are going to fix you up good as new. I totally understand dreading the bills....we just got done paying for 9 cavitites in my darling hubbies mouth...needless to say it was not so cheep....but it's worth it to get it done and feel better!
So when can I get into see Dr. Earl? I need a McCutie fix right about now.
Good luck with the root canal. I had one two month before I got married, no dental insurance & poor.. I was in tears when they told me how much it would cost. It will be worth it, hang in there Caralee! Your a fighter, you'll make it!
Oh! Stewart Wilkey is my 2nd cousin! So fun! I think I might be more apt to going to the dentist too if mine had a McCutie! I may have to come to s.g. for my dentist visits!
That stinks you have to have a root canal done! But I guess if it gets rid of the migraines it's worth it. I'm jealous I have never had a Mccutie at the dentist, just grouchy old ladies. He sounds like a sweetiepie!
I love this post!!! So funny... well, not the pain part, but the McCutie part. How did your husband feel about that one?! Thanks for the good laugh!
I kinda feel like I'm in somewhat of a romance novel, holding hands and wiping tears from your face, minus the pain of course, I hope Mr. McCutie help can fix the tooth and rid you from the pain you've been having. Good luck on Thursday!
Hugs,
Mike
@Mike:No Mike no romance at all, it was just nice to receive comfort from a friendly (cute)guy!
@Katie: My hubby just laughed at me, he knows how much I love him. He just thought it was funny that I was doing the very thing that I was getting after him for!
Dr. Earl, huh? Maybe I should make an appointment.. :)
Hope everything goes well for your root canal, not your first choice of how to spend your day, I'm sure!
I hate the whole denist thing. . probably because no matter how many times I have seen different dentists, they can not get me numb and so I have to deal with the pain. Oh, I can't imagine what I will do if I have to have a root canal someday.
I am hoping that your tooth is much better now. . but oh, how painful!
Heart Hugs,
Carolyn
Post a Comment