Sydney: Starts to cry and through a tantrum
Daddy: "What do you want Sydney?"
Sydney: Looks up at Daddy and signs "Signing Time!"
Daddy: "You want Signing time! O.K!" Daddy changes the DVD
Sydney: smiles and starts dancing along with the music
While Sydney has been so sick, watching Signing Time has been a regular thing at our house. She will usually sit and watch an entire show, dance and sign along to the ones she knows! So far she will sign: More, bird, signing time, fish, cheese, please, hot, baby and sometimes she will sign: eat, milk, cookie, and drink. She has almost figured our Mom and Dad, but those are still kind of tricky! Most of these signs Sydney has learned in the past week and she only uses as she watches the DVD or when I sing the songs with her. If she doesn't know the sign she will just wave her arms to the music as she watches the show! More is her favorite sign, when she is eating something that she loves she will sign more over and over.
Sydney is doing so good, she still has a lingering cough that sounds awful. Her energy is just about back to her normal level, it is so great to see her smile and bright eyed again! I am so glad that the scary part of this RSV is over, I have to admit that there were a few moments these past few days that scared even me and had my heart beating fast! As usual my little Sydney bird has pulled through and is all the more stronger for it!
8 comments:
Oh my gosh she is sooo stinking cute!! We taught Andi sign and she still uses it. Glad she's feeling a little better!
That is so cute she has learned to sign! I love it!
I'm so glad that she is feeling better! Again, I love her little shirt. Where do you get her clothes? Addy loves signing time too.. did you find it on t.v.?
Katie-
Yes we have watched it on t.v. a few times, but I sometimes forget to watch it on the right days! The outfit that Sydney is wearing is from Old Navy, gotta love those sales!
What a smart girl that Sydney Joey! I am so glad she is over the worst of it. I hope you guys enjoy your day off I guess it will be back to business tomorrow. Be good!
Love you guys,
LeAnn
I am so glad she is feeling better!! Yes, love those signing times!
I'm so glad she is doing better, I bet it got scary there for a little while! I took classes in college with signing so we thought it would be fun to teach savanna signs and she loves to communicate with us all the time with signs.
I am currently having my fist experience in caring for my own sick child. I have to say, I don't know how you do it. This is such hard work!
Post a Comment