So Grumpy gills is Sydney's new name! Why? you ask...well I shall tell you! Because she has to be the grumpiest little girl in the entire world! Granted there are probably very good reasons that she is so grumpy but she has been like this for so long now that I am finding it hard to remember the sweet little girl she used to be! Yes, Sydney has been sick lately with an awful cough that makes her wake up crying all night long. The only thing that stops the crying is to come into bed with us, where after an hour of cuddling with the Momma, Sydney decides that she is uncomfortable and wants to go back into her crib. Only to repeat the process two or three or four times during the night, no wonder I have been going to bed at 7:30 every night this week!
Sydney had been having yet another reaction to the milk we have been giving her. We took her off of everything but water and juice for about a week and then we started her on some Next Step Soy formula. She was o.k. for about 4 days and then she started having diarrhea, so I have now put her on lactose free milk. She has been on this for the past 2 days and so far is not showing any type of reaction to it!(cross your fingers!)
Also Sydney has had a really bad yeast infection(probably from all the diarrhea), that has caused her little bum to be very red and raw and in one spot even started to bleed! She has been in so much pain! I know immediately when she has pooped or peed because she will start to cry, her body with get very stiff and she will refuse to sit down. Then we have to actually change her diaper and boy does that bring on the water works. Sydney cries and screams, arches her back, and crawls away, anything and everything she can do to stop us from touching her sore bum! We have done everything we know to try and help her poor little bum to heal. We got a RX from the her doctor for pink swizzle cream. I have let her run around with out her diaper on so that her little bum can dry out(yes has peed on the floor), I have even blow dried her bum with a blow dryer, because I have heard that heat kills the yeast. Anyway her little sore bum is SLOWLY getting better but it still is enough to make her grumpy.
These are all great reason for having such a grumpy child, and I am ashamed to admit that I have been grumpy having to deal with her! This has been going on for about a month now, and I just feel so frustrated because I feel like I am doing everything that I know how to do, and yeet it still isn't enough to make her feel better! Also I feel guilty because I feel like I can't give her the attention that she needs to make her feel better when I am babysitting so many children and they need my attention as well. So the Worst Mother Ever award goes to me, and I have to admit that I really do deserve it!
On the other hand the Best Daddy/Hubbers in the whole wide World award goes to my Hubbers for putting up with me and my PMS(yes add my first period into the mix and that makes for good times!). Seth gets this award for coming home every night,(I would run away screaming)and for doing the dinner dishes. For cleaning the kitchen, taking out the trash, doing laundry and for making the bed every morning. For going and getting Sydney in the middle of the night and bringing her to me because I can't even seem to pry open my eyelids long enough to realize that Sydney needs me. For getting up with Sydney when she wakes up for the day at 5:30 in the morning and feeding her breakfast and playing with her until I have had a shower and feel like I can finally face the day! For doing all those things and for still loving me I present you with the Best Daddy/Hubbers in the whole wide World award! I love you babe, thanks for not giving up on me and returning me to the wife store for a nicer and more updated model!
Friday, February 8, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
9 comments:
Oh Caralee!! I wish I was closer to help you out. I totally know how you feel about having a cranky one around. I lose my patience very quickly when Lincoln is ornery. Especially if it lasts more than a day. I can't even imagine trying to have to deal with that + other little kids in the mix! You are amazing! Don't beat yourself up too much. You are doing a wonderful thing by sacrificing to stay at home with your sweet baby. I totally admire you for all that you've been thru with her health problems etc. I don't know if I could have made it!
well im so sorry that your going through this, i went through it last week with the whole cold/cough thing with jaxton and it was the worst! one thing that kind of helped was putting baby vicks on his feet then socks on top. it only works for about 4 hours then you have to do it again but four hours is better than nothing! also i dont know if you remember Nicoles little girl Cheyanne but she used to get the worse rashes ever, even to the point of bleeding and someone told my mom about putting white flour on a cookie sheet and turning the oven on broil and cookng in until it was a light brown and keep stirring it until its all brown (and stinky)then let it cool and put it all over her bum and i swear it cleared it up overnight! i know im not a pro mom and very far from it but i hope these tips help restore some sort of normalcy to yous life! GOOD LUCK!!
Oh Caralee, you are a wonderful Mom, one of the best in my book. You really have been trough so much with that little one and I admire your strength and continued compassion. I hope that if I ever was in a similar situation I could handle it as well as you have.
I hope you can find something for Sydneys little sore bum.
Back in the day my older sister would get yeast infections and terrible diaper rash. She was only about 2 months old and not sleeping or eating. My Mom gave her yogurt because of the active cultures in it and it cleared things right up in a day. I know she can't have milk products because of all that is going on but I wonder if there is anything with active cultures that isn't dairy? Hmm.. I wonder. If I find anything I'll let you know.
Hang in there, you're doing great!!!!
Can Sidney come over to my house tonight? I wish she could. As mom says "fatigue makes cowards of us all." I am so sorry your bebe is having such a rough time... and you by extension. You are a GREAT mom Caralee! Hang in there. And congratulations to Seth on the best dad/husband award! Thanks for taking care of my sister Seth.
Julie
Oh it is so hard taking care of a grumpy baby - I remember. If you need a break give me a call she can come play for a while. It starts to take its toll on even the strongest like yourself. Hope she gets feeling better.
I have been through the grumpy baby days and I know it just makes life real sucky. Whether it's teething, diaper rash, or whatever. With Ashton he was really constipated and congested on whole milk. So I switched to soy, but then he just got really bad diarrhea and bad diaper rash. So my solution is to give him half soy and half whole milk in every bottle and that has worked for him for the past couple of months. Anyway I hope you figure out what's best for Sydney. I know what you're going through. It's so hard to find anything comparable to breast milk. One last thing I must mention coming from one who has dealt with many "accidents" from kids or dogs on carpeted surfaces.(I learned this trick from a professional dog breeder.) Don't rub or squish paper towels on the pee spot. just put cornstrach on it let it dry for a few hours and it absorbs all the pee up, then vacuum. All traces of the pee will be gone. Baking soda will also work.
Ugh, it's times like these when you wish you could just close your eyes and when you open them again have everything be wonderful again. I'm sorry you're having such a rough time, but you DON'T deserve the Worst Mom Award.
*hugs*
Speaking from experience with these things (although, I never remember when I'm going through them), I will tell you the following:
Nobody's perfect. This too shall pass. And you are a WONDERFUL Mom.
I was going to suggest the burnt flour, too. I've always done it in a pot on the stove, but yeah, it totally worked for everything with Allie. We would just sprinkle it on her little tush and everything would be cleared up within a matter of hours. Also, our doctor told us to not use wipes, but to just get her in the tub and rinse her off and then let her air dry. Hope things get better!!!
Love,
The Kearls
Post a Comment