Friday, February 22, 2008

Sydney's long lost twin

So Sydney's hair is finally long enough to put into a pony tale! I put Sydney up on the bathroom counter so she could see her hair, and she started flirting with herself in the mirror! I wonder if she thought that the baby in the mirror was different baby because the very first thing she did was go in and give the baby on the other side of the mirror a huge kiss!

Sydney must really love that baby in the mirror, or else she is a very vain little girl!!
"Look, I ate it all gone!"

The last few days Sydney has started to love necklaces and bracelets! She will put on all the necklaces that she can find, Sydney will then say "pretty!" and walk around with them on. Sometimes she has so many necklaces on that it effects her balance, and she falls over. She also likes to bring the necklaces to me and take them on and off of me the whole time saying "Pretty!" over and over!

18 comments:

Carlos said...

How cute is that! Haha, I was talking to Shay today and she said that every time she picks Tay up her hair is so cute! Yea Sydney having her hair long enough too! (ps I tagged you)

Anonymous said...

Next time you put Sydney in front of the mirror put a little lipstick on her nose. If she sees it and tries to wipe it off you will know she recognizes the baby in the mirror as herself, but don't be alarmed if she doesn't do it. It seems like people do not recognize a reflection as self until closer to 2 or 3 years old, but it has been a while since high school psychology. I could be wrong.
P.S. Congrats on the ponytail!!!

Julie said...

So cute Sydney!!! You are a pretty funny girl!

Love Aunt Julie

Emma said...

Love the ponyttail and I know I say this all the time but she is such a cute little girl!

Recovery Guru said...

Brandi B- I tried the lipstick on her nose and she had no clue it was her, that or she just didn't care! She did say over and over "Hi Sydney!" but she was saying that to me all morning...still can't get her to say "Hi Mamma" but we are working on it! Hey are you looking for renters on your town home? We might know someone that wants it.

Melenie said...

those pics are just so adorable!

Holly Woolsey said...

Little kids love mirrors! It is so cute!

McDuffie Family said...

so cute! I loved it when savanna's hair was long enough for a pony.......just wait for piggies! She's got curls! HOw cute! I love the pretty necklaces

Jolene and Ty said...

She is such a cute little girl! Well at least you get to put things in Sydney's hair, Jaxton has so much and i dont get to do anything to it! :(

Anonymous said...

It looks like Sydney is feeling better. She has the cutest expressions, you alway take such cute pictures. I love the little curls.
Love Aunt Susan

Carlos said...

Yes, we will be down next weekend for Tay's birthday. See you theb!

Anonymous said...

I love the hair Sydney is sporting! Soon she will have so much that you will have to put it up so enjoy it while you can. Later it will be a fight to put her hair back - or at least Amber does. She looks so happy checking her self out in the mirror but she is super cute so who could blame her.

Aleisha said...

Oh Sydney, you are just adorable!

Haven said...

Funny! Babies are so adorable with mirrors. Sonora loooooved the mirror and "eating" the "other" baby with loves. Now, whenever I do her hair, she has to grab her stool and run to the bathroom so she can see just "how cute" she is. I'm so glad that she is so happy to see herself in the mirror and loves the way she looks. I hope she never loses it.

Having hair to do is so much fun! Yay, Sydney!

Lane and Katie Eyre said...

What cute hair! Again, I love that shirt.. she is adorable! Also, I'm going to try that lipstick thing!

Robin Keith said...

FYI Sara and Micah expecting in OCT.
Sydney, you are the cutest next to Gracie and Sammy and ? from Ryan and Diana and ? from M and S of course..

Robin Keith said...

Hey Bakers! You guys are so hilarious. Great Blog. Hey, just so you know, check out the Keithklan blog...news about Micah and Sarah...

Lyman and Kim said...

I LOVED this post. Bentley is the exact same way. The minute he sees himself in the mirror he will stop what he was doing, get a huge smile on his face and say "Hi" is the most flirtatious way possible. I actually started singing "Your So Vain" to him the other day so I thought it funny you made a comment about Sydney possibly being vain. They have such silly personalities!