Yes, you read the title right, Sydney has RSV, Bronchiolitis, and ear infections in both ears! Wednesday night Sydney had a high fever and started having a hard time breathing, she was breathing very fast, and using her stomach muscles to help her breathe. At about 3:00 a.m. I was concerned enough to call my Mom(who is a nurse) and she came over to check Sydney out. We decided that she wasn't bad enough to go the the E.R. so instead I got an apt. with her doctor the next day. That morning Sydney got a fever of 102.6 and was pretty lethargic, so I was very relieved when we got into the doctors that afternoon! Sydney's doctor gave her an antibiotic and ear drops and a prescription for the Bronchiolitis clinic to get suctioned.
After another very hard and long night trying to help Sydney breathe better, I took her in to be suctioned at the clinic. Wow!! I don't think that I have ever seen Sydney that mad!! Sydney HATED being suctioned! I had to hold Sydney down while the therapist, stuck a tube down her nose and down into her throat to suction out all the gunk that is causing the Bronchiolitis. Sydney was so mad, she is such a fighter! She was screaming and crying and sobbing and looking at me like I was the one doing it all to her! She even got so mad that she started to gag and almost through up! This is not the first time that I have had to hold Sydney down so that the nurses and doctors could pick on her. Before her surgery I was always the one that held her down while they gave her all her many I.V.'s and shots and that always left me and her in tears! I hate every second of having to hold her down but I wouldn't want any one else to do it!
We are going back to the clinic tonight and I am making sure that Seth is with me for moral support, because I HATE having to torture my little girl like that! I hope that by going back tonight before she goes to sleep that maybe she will be able to sleep better and we can all get a good nights rest! Wish us luck!!
Friday, February 15, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
12 comments:
I'm sorry to hear Sydney has to go through all that. Hope she gets feeling better.
Oh man!!! I feel for you! I hate when i gave sick kids!! I hope she starts feeling better soon!
I'm so sorry! I hope you all get a good night's rest soon.
Poor little thing! Hang in there, she'll pull through! Hope she gets well soon.
Janese, does your sister hate me for exposing her darling baby to RSV? I will never forgive myself if Taylor gets sick too! I was wondering today, if she is ever going to let be babysit again!
Caralee, as I told you I have been there before. Please do not hesitate to ask people for help. It is not an easy diagnosis to deal with, even with your husband.
Oh my goodness, you deserve a break! Hopefully she'll kick this quick & go back to being a cute, busy little girl very soon!
Caralee, I am so sorry to hear she is sick! So not fun! I haven't ever heard of them sucking it out. I'm assuming it must help a ton!
I am also curious... I was reading through other comments and I am curious about the one from Jason about making extra money. Do you know if it is a real thing? Will you tell me more about it? Thanks.
I'm sure she will, Shay is pretty easy going, and it's not like you did it on purpose. Don't stress, just take a deep breath and take care of your baby so she can get feeling better :)
Hey caralee.......I don't know if you remember me from high school....tiffany(fry). I saw your blog, and your daughter is adorable! I hope she is doing better,and you 'cuz as a mom it's hard to see your kids go through this! Hang in there
That is the worst! My sister is a Resperatory Therapist down in Mesquite and that is definitely her least favorite part of the job. I hope it's working for Sydney!
Caralee, Thanks for the info! I was totally fooled so I am glad I talked to you!
Post a Comment