Alright in this tag I am supposed to say 10 random things about myself, I am not sure If I have 10 random things about myself but I am always up for a challenge so here they are.
#1 I am the babysitting queen! I babysit 3 children that are the same age as Sydney! Monday-Friday I babysit Corbin, Tuesdays and Thursdays I babysit Bria, Thursdays and Fridays I babysit Taylor. Also I babysit for the Sonju's every other Saturday, and sometimes for my neighbor and for my sister(Don't worry Leann yesterday was fun, I love babysitting your kids!). I have always really loved kids and I would rather be babysitting then having to leave Sydney everyday and go to work! Honestly to be very truthful I am feeling kind of burned out, I really hope that by the end of this year Seth will be making enough money that I don't have to wear my self out babysitting millions of children. Don't get me wrong I love the children in my care, I would just love to have the freedom to go to the store when I want to, or to be able to care for only Sydney when she is having a hard day!
#2 I am a little O.C.D. when it comes to body hair! Any hair that is growing somewhere it isn't supposed to, be beware, because I have tweezers and I know how to use them! I even go after Seth if he is to close to me and I have my tweezers close by, any long hairs on his face or beard gets plucked, I even pull out his gray hairs. This is something he HATES, and I only stop when he holds my hands behind my back or when he takes care of the offensive hairs on his own.
#3 I really wish that I was able to take more college classes before I had Sydney! I love to learn and taking classes was really fun. I can't wait to someday be able to go back to school and get my degree in special education. I have always loved working with children that have special needs, especially young children, my ideal job would be to be a teacher in a special education preschool.
#4 I am the ward chorister at my church, this means that I choose all the songs for sacrament meeting and conduct the music. I feel very inadequate in this calling! I really haven't done anything musical since high school, so it was quite the adjustment relearning how to conduct music and all the other things that go along with music.
#5 I HATE to fold laundry! I am very good at making sure that our laundry gets washed and put in the dryer, thats the easy part! After that the laundry goes straight into the laundry baskets in our bedroom, and that is were it stays until it is either worn or rewashed because it is to wrinkly!
#6 I am very shy! I guess I have self-esteem issues and am always worrying about what other people think about me. This is something that I have always struggled with. I am working on not putting myself down so much and trying to stay positive, but it is kind of hard changing the way you think about yourself after thinking the same stuff for the past 25 years!
#7 I love to watch the T.V. series that are on DVD, so that I don't have to wait on commercials or until the next week to find out what happens. I have watched on DVD the entire seasons of: Friends, Charmed, Alias, The Office, 24, Grey's Anatomy, and Lost.
#8 I have recently discovered that I love to wrestle. I used to wrestle all the time with my sisters and my Dad and then with my boyfriends. I got in a car accident and was in physical therapy for about a year for my neck, and then I got pregnant with Sydney and I kind of forgot that I liked to wrestle with my hubby! So now we have started to wrestle again and I must say that I LOVE it! Was the TMI?
#9 I am constantly worried that we are doing something as parents that is going to mess Sydney up for life! I want her to be a confident strong person. I want her to be proud of the many scars she has on her chest and stomach and not feel self conscious about her body. She was born with a very strong personality, she is so much like me in a lot of things! One of my deepest fears is that she not only inherited the strong parts of my personality but also my many faults!
#10 Until resistantly I hated beans! If anything had beans in it I would gag and refuse to eat, but lately I love Black beans! I sometimes just warm them up and eat them plane with nothing else! Sydney also loves beans, she would eat them everyday if she could. Our favorite is Cafe Rio beans and rice, Sydney and I just eat it right up!
O.k. so that was 10 random things about me, I am tagging: my sisters(LeAnn you don't have to if you don't want to I know you hate tags!), Jolene, Chistina, Alyssa, Janese, Stephanie, Sarah, and ummmm any one who wants to! Just write 10 random things about yourself and then tag other people!
Wednesday, February 6, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
11 comments:
I hear you on being shy. I've done a lot of work since HS in that area -- I was diagnosed with Social Anxiety in HS -- I'm so glad you blog and that we've become friends!
I also hear you on the babysitting. I've wrestled back and forth with taking some kids in to babysit for extra money, but the loss of freedom and burnout would get to me too quick I think--I'm not good with my own kids some days!
And speaking of Cafe Rio, does anyone know how to make rice so it tastes like theirs? Tastes like it has lime or something...
I love LOST! Eli and I watched all 3 seasons on DVD/and online over about a week and started to feel like we were on the island since hardly ever left our apartment.
I love beans too! Black & kidney are my fav. Is that weird? I love them in salads. And I love Friends. I've watched all ten seasons numerous times...too many to count.
Andrina thinks kidney beans are treats. I love that you are open with your O.C.D with body hair. I totally agree. When Kevin has old man hairs(ear hair, long brow hairs, or missed wisker's) I give him a fair chance to do something with them and then I pounce. Bugs me so bad to see an ungroomed man unless he's lost in the woods with a liget excuse.
And no, not TMI at all. I think it's funny and oh so familiar! Growing up I always was wrestling with my Dad and now Kevin. I am pretty sure I kick their butts every time. Gladiator? Yes I am ready!
And yes, if anyone has a Cafe Rio tips please send them my way. I am missing it so bad!
Emma: I have a recipe for Cafe Rio Pork. I've never tried it but my SIL has & she says it's delish.
Brandi: I thought I had a recipe for their rice too...can't find it off hand. I'll keep looking.
Cafe Rio Pork
5-6 lb pork roast
1 T cumin
1 c brown sugar
1 (12 oz) bottle mild La Victoria Sauce
1 (20 oz) bottle Coca Cola
In a crock pot place roast and fill half way up with water. Cook on low 12 hours or overnight. After 12 hours, remove about 1 cup of liquid, then add the remaining ingredients. Cook on low 4 more hours. After 4 hours, shred pork and cook an additional 2 hours. Serve as desired.
Been there with the babysitting Sis, sorry for all my extra kids on Tuesday but thanks so much for bailing me out! I am planning on watching Sydney Jo still on Saturday that is what you need alone time with your honey! I have it written on my calendar so you can't back out. Just so you know. You are awesome!
Love ya,
LeAnn
Emma-to bad you live so far away! I think that I might be able to take you in the wrestling department, but it really is so much more fun wrestling with my hubby!
Crystal- Thanks so much for the recipe I am so trying it! Who would have thought to add coke!! no wonder it tastes so good!
I have seen a ton of copy cat recipes for their cilantro lime rice...but Im not a fan so I have never tried....but I made Janels pork roast the other day and man...it was sooo good...I think better than Cafe Rios. Just look on her blog for it.
And Caralee...you are a good women to do all that babysitting! I would be the wicked witch. wait I already am with my 2 1/2.
And tweezers are a must in every room for me too!
Here are the other recipes for Cafe Rio food I have:
Tomatillo Dressing
Mix in blender:
1 pkg buttermilk dressing
3 tomatilloes
1 c mayo
1 c buttermilk
1 c cilantro
2 cloves garlic
½ tsp cayenne pepper optional ( this is what makes it spicy)
chill until ready
Cilantro Lime Rice
1 lb long grain rice
1 bunch cilantro
juice of 2 limes
4 cloves of garlic
4 c water
Chop garlic and cilantro. Heat 2 tbs of oil in skillet, add rice, garlic, and cilantro. Saute 3-5 min. stirring frequently. Add lime juice and water, cook until tender.
I also used to HATE beans too. The texture freaked the crap out of me. I still don't like refried beans, but I have a bean dip that I love. I'll post it soon! Yummy!
Post a Comment