Sunday, February 17, 2008

Update

Friday was by far Sydney's worst day, we ended up going into the hospital 4 times to get suctioned and even a breathing treatment because she was struggling so much! By Friday evening we were so emotionally drained, and worried for our little Sydney girl that I wasn't sure what to do next! I called my Grandpa and asked if he could help Seth give Sydney a blessing. Sydney was so cute, as soon as he arrived she launched herself in his arms and cuddled up onto his chest. This is something she NEVER does, she will go to people once she has warmed up to them, but never as soon as she sees them! I think that she must have known that he had come to help her feel better!
Sydney Jo with her Great Grandpa and Grandma Wetzel

I was up all night Friday with her, she started to have very high temps again, and just struggled breathing most the night. Saturday we made sure that every room she was in had a humidifier in it and tried to help control her breathing with steamy showers. Both Seth and I didn't want to take her back into the hospital sense it is so hard on her and us emotionally to watch her having to be suctioned! Sydney seemed to start feeling better in small intervals and would get up and start playing. She would keep playing until we would realize that she was having a hard time breathing. We then would have to make her stop and sit on our laps long enough to get her breathing back under control! By Saturday evening we decided to take her back in to get suctioned, boy was she mad!! The respiratory therapist said it was a good thing that we brought her in because she suctioned out a lot of gunk. Sydney fell asleep on the way home, only to wake up at 9:30 having a hard time again. I spent most of the night with Sydney sleeping on my chest,(the only position that seemed to keep her calm and asleep!) she was also coughing a lot and once even threw-up all down the front of me! Good times!!Sydney cuddling with Daddy. What a cuddly girl she has become while she has been sick!

Today Sydney seems to be a lot better! She still gets very out of breath and wheezy when she plays, and has a very loose cough that makes her gag, but she is by far having a much better time breathing!

This is a video clip of Sydney playing with the Styrofoam that came with the new humidifier that we had to buy on Saturday! If you listen really close at the end of the clip you can hear how out of breath and wheezy she is, poor girl!


8 comments:

Emma said...

Good to hear she is doing better.
That was a cute video, she's a clever little thing.
Hope she gets better soon so you can get some rest!!

Lane and Katie Eyre said...

Poor Girl! :( I'm glad to hear that she is at least feeling a little better. We're thinking of you!

Holly Woolsey said...

Her little voice is so cute! I'm glad she is feeling better!

McDuffie Family said...

Poor little girl and so sorry for you! I was given the advice once to go have my girl suctioned out...I didn't do it 'cuz I figured it would be a nightmare for me! You guys are tough! I hope it's getting better! We'll keep you in our prayers!

LeAnn said...

I am so sorry that Sydney has been so sick. There is nothing worse then having a sick child especially one who is as sick as Sydney is. It wears on everyone. Especially the Mom who has to take care of it all. I hope you get some time off for all the hard work you have put in. Love you Sis, hang in there.

LeAnn

Pam from Over the Big Moon said...

I am so glad she seems to be doing better. I will continue to pray for her. It is so hard for me to watch little kids be soo sick. I'm sure it is only worse with your own. My niece was born with RSV and always gets the worse colds that still really affect her breathing and she is now 6. It is sooo sad. Keep us updated.

Christina said...

It is so good to hear that she is feeling better - poor girl. It has to be so hard not being able to breath. I hope that you guys will all be done with sickness for the rest of the spring at least. It is only fair - you have had your turn and then some.

Carlos said...

I'm so glad that she is feeling a little better! Poor thing! And this weekend must have EXHAUSTING for you two, both physically and emotionally. Priesthood blessings are amazing!