Saturday, August 11, 2007

Seven Months Old!

Sydney is finally starting to catch up!! Her doctor says that she is around 1 to 2 months behind in her development from her surgery which puts her around 5 months. It was a major struggle to get her to enjoy being on her stomach but she is finally able to tolerate it, because of this she is know rolling over both directions! Also when she is on her belly she can push herself backwards. She can also scoot around in circles playing with her toys, we are still working on going forward!!





Being so active makes little girls so very tired!










Sydney thinks that she is so big sitting on the bathroom counter in her Bumbo! She had a great time grabbing everything in her reach from tissues to the towel ring on the wall! Who want toys when there are so many more grown up things to play with!

















Sydney was so funny flipping herself backwards to find the towel ring, I thought that she was going to flip herself off of the counter (yes I was standing right next to her the whole time!) She would stretch backward as far as she could then wave her arm around until it came in contact with the towel ring. Once she felt the ring she would hold on tight, then sit back up and look so excited and proud of herself!

14 comments:

Jess said...

She is such a cutie! I love her big smile!

Anonymous said...

You sure have been doing some cute things with your blog. Of course Sydney is soooo cute, I love that cute smile of hers.
Love Susan

Anonymous said...

Caralee I went to Julie's blog and it was not coming up it said span width exceeded. I don't know what that is all about I don't know if is just me or does your do the same thing
Susan

Recovery Guru said...

Aunt Susan, I have no problem getting to Julie's blog...Do you have to many programs running? If you are still having problems let me know if you need Seth of come fix your computer(he's good at that stuff!) -Caralee

Crystal said...

So cute! How do you like the Bumbo? I've heard great things about them.

Somewhere I saw that you had said that Sydney will need more surgeries. When will she have her next one?

Recovery Guru said...

Cyrstal, Yes I love the bumbo it is very portable and Sydney loves to sit in it! We don't know when Sydney will need another surgery it could be any where from when she is a 1 year old to around 4 years old. She is getting check ups every 3 months so that we can be sure to catch any problems early. She is going to need a valve replacement surgery every few years until she is an adult, then they can put a longer lasting valve(a pig valve) in. The Pig valve should last her a long time maybe 20 years or more! -Caralee

Emily Orison said...

Caralee- your web page is doing the same thing- at least on my computer. it says photobucket.com bandwidth exceeded all over in the background. but the pictures still come up. BTW- Sydney sure looks cute in the pictures. She sure looks like she is having fun with her new tricks.

Spencer and Mindy said...

SUPER CUTE CARALEE!! she has your smile!! Love it!! and best of luck with all of sydney's surgeries!!

Crystal said...

Sheesh! Looks like you guys have lots of hospital time coming your way. It's amazing that modern medicine can do so much!!

We are planning to go to the splash park at 11 on Friday...let me know how that works for you...

Anonymous said...

I can now get into Julie's blog, I was also having problems getting into yours, Danton said the same thing that everyone else was saying that there was too many people on the site. Do you know why I have the little garbage can on my comments, and know one else does?

Recovery Guru said...

Aunt Susan I don't see a little garbage can next to your comments! Seth said that maybe the problems with the blogs might have something to do with the contents of the blog, Julie and I have changed our cute new backgrounds to something more simple (sniff! sniff!) so hopefully that fixed the problems!! -Caralee

Julie said...

David said to tell you (and remember these are only his words, "My baby is cuter." Gracie says to say, "Bebe and pack pack (which means quack quack... she saw a picture of a duck too)." Sammy doesn't say anything, and I say Sydney is getting to big. Tell her to stop growing until I see her again. We love you!

Holly Woolsey said...

Caralee,
I was looking back through your blog and I am just amazed at what am amazing mom you are and truly what a beautiful little girl you have! I'm sure you have seen so many blessings come your way and seen many little miracles of your own.

Julie said...

Anne of Avonlea of course. David isn't home for me to warn him. Talk to you later.