- You reach in the fridge for the milk, but pull out a box of Nilla Wafers instead. The ones that you grabbed for a quick meal in between diaper changes and feedings.
- You leave at least one bag of grocery's at the check out counter and don't remember until you are home and unpacking your grocery's, wondering if you really did remember to buy the items that you thought you did.
- You leave your keys in the key hole of your door all night long, and loose you mind trying to find them the next morning.
- At the end of the day your once spotless clothes are covered in your child's lunch, snacks, snot or spit-up.
- You try desperately to figure out why your baby is screaming only realize that it is the simplest of answers, she wanted her blankie.
- You are so busy taking care of your kids you have no time to make you own lunch. So your mouth waters as you read the ingredients to your child's Vegetable Chicken dinner baby food. (True story!)
- You walk into the next room completely forgetting your purpose for doing so, only to have to retrace you steps to remember!
- You have only shaved your legs once this week but don't really care because at least you have had a shower everyday.
- You are so tired at the end of the day that you forget to take out your contacts, for the third day in a row, and when you blink if feels like there is sand under your eyelids.
- You fall asleep rocking your baby in the middle of the night and wake up with a shore neck wondering how long you were asleep!
- You just want to sit on the floor and sob, when your babies diaper explodes for the fifth time that day, and she is covered in poop all the way up to her neck. (How the heck does it get all the way up there?)
- You start out laughing at something trivial and end up on the floor sobbing!
- You wake up in the morning with your baby next to you, wondering how on earth she got there because you know that she was in her crib when you went to bed.
- You haven't had time to brush your teeth that day (I know.....gross!!!!)
Yet all of these things seem so trivial as you glance up and your baby is staring at you from across the room with a huge grin on her face. You can't help but smile back at the tiny little angel and the effect of your response makes your baby's smile even bigger. So big it seems to touch the very insides and the deepest parts of your heart. You realize that she is your world, that you would walk through fire just to see that wide toothless smile one more time!! That all the late nights and endless days, the tears and the messy diapers, the days when you wonder just where you brain has gone to, are all worth it. Because in return you have the unconditional love and devotion of your baby!
4 comments:
Haha, I love it! I cracked up over you salivating over baby food--too funny. :)
I have woken up many times with a kid in my bed where I totally don't recall how or when it got there!
I can relate to almost all of those! The joys of motherhood. But it really is worth it, isn't it? :)
I think you are pretty lucky to get a shower every day!!! Love ya sis. Hang in there! You are made of pretty tough stuff.
Julieo
I love this list!! I haven't experienced most of these yet but I look forward to them!(I think.) About the Elvis Reese, yes I think they are disgusting and I love PB and Banana sandwiches.
Post a Comment