Tuesday, February 27, 2007

Heart Patch















I was looking through my stuff and I found this square of white material, this is what the surgeons used to patch the hole that was in Sydney to lower chambers. The circle cut out of the material is the size of hole that patched the hole in Sydney's heart. It's kind of crazy that a simple piece of special material can fix a hole that is in someones heart. Modern medicine is amazing, and I thank Heavenly Father that we have the knowledge that we do to save lives and to fix little girls hearts!!! Anyway I am feeling more capable of taking care of my sick baby everyday. I still get overwhelmed and filled with anxiety at times but I think that will just go with the territory until my little girl is better. Sydney is doing so good, yesterday and today Sydney has had periods of being awake for over an hour!! That is very good for her, she usually sleeps all day and night because she is healing, but it is so nice to see her alert and awake. Today she started cooing. Only about 3 times but it is great to see her doing some things that normal babies do, like staying awake for longer periods of times and cooing. Every day she is getting better, and every day she is getting more cute!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Sydney looks sooooo cute!!!I love her hair bow. I can't wait until I get feeling better so that we can come over and see you guys. It's pretty amazing what they can do now days, with such a little piece of material to patch a heart. I'm sure glad for new technology. We love you all. Keep smiling.
Love
Uncle Danton, Aunt Susan and Kaylyn

Anonymous said...

That little Sydney gets cuter and cuter everyday! What are you holding the patch against? I absolutely love all the pictures with the hair bows! I can definitely relate to it! Dressed to the hilt no matter what! I can't wait until she gets well enough for Kitura, Kambria, and I to come visit! Keep us posted on her progress. I love looking online and seeing how well she is doing. I am so proud of you and have no doubt in your parenting ability! Sydney was blessed to be born to such wonderful parents!
Love ya
Deann and family

Anonymous said...

Caralee!
Wow! Thanks for sharing that with everybody! It's really neat what they can do. Sydney is looking better everyday and I'm glad she is starting to show signs of progress!
Janese