Since Sydney's surgery we have been able to get a small sleeping room off of the waiting room. There are only 5 of them, so they give them people from out of town, and with the greatest need. There were four heart surgery's yesterday, so we got bumped off the list. Caralee is sleeping on a couch in the waiting room, and I will take her place at about 3 am. Sydney is doing pretty good, the surgeon came by to check her progress, he said that she is doing well and should expect her to be out of the PICU around the weekend. We can't wait to have our own private room back in the Surgical wing, and to be able to be more involved in her care. We both have family about 25 minutes away that is great to go take a shower, and get a little sleep. Though my sweet wife wants to always be there for our little daughter, or at least have a family member there when she cannot.
Seth
Tuesday, February 6, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
4 comments:
Seth - you may ask about or check into staying at the Ronald McDonald House if you need to. I did years ago with my daughter and it was convenient for us, however, it is away from the hospital. It was available for families from out of town to stay while getting medication needs. Ask at the hospital for info.
Good luck with Sydney - we're all praying everything goes well.
Peggy
Mickey D's can truly help out.
Oh we could go to the McDonald house or to my sisters but I can't leave my baby in the hospital by her self. It is all ready about all I can take to leave long enough to shower! When I get back I feel so guilty for leaving her! I am with her 24/7 and only leave to shower, eat and get about 5 hours of sleep. I guess this is someathing that I am a little OCD about! -caralee
Your little family is so darling! Caralee you look fantastic! Seth is just a glowing daddy and Sydney is absolutely adorable. Don't feel guilty about leaving to sleep and eat. Before you know it you'll have her home and sleep will become a distant memory. You have to take care of yourself for now in order to be there for her. You guys are awesome parents! Take care and you are in our thoughts and prayers!
Deann and family
Post a Comment