

Well it has been one week since Sydney had her surgery and she is doing very well! They took her large chest tube out this morning and I am very happy that she has one less thing coming out of her body! They have been trying to wean her off of some of her drugs so that they can take out one or more of the central I.V.'s that are in her heart. They have had to give her an extra dose of a different pain meds that keeps her calm. She has started to show us how much she does not like all the tubes in her body. She even pulled out an I.V. that was in her neck and a line in her stomach. When she gets fussy her little face will start to turn red and she will bunch her face up into the maddest expression and you know that if she could she would cry and kick the nurse that is bugging her. She has started to respond to my voice again and when I sit and sing to her she will calm down. Sometimes I will sing and calm her down, then when I stop and go sit down she will start to fuss again, and we repeat this pattern again and again until she is comfortable.
6 comments:
Hey girl, you look so good. I'm so glad that she is starting to respond to your voice. Rita wants to hug you and she cant do it. So when she comes up she will give you a great big one to make it up.
We all send our love and emotional support. If there is anything we can do please tell us.
The Gang
Seth, Caralee and Sydney,
What great news you are having,it is so exciting to hear. We are happy for you. We are loving the web site, thanks!!! It's fun to look and read all about your cute little family. We love you and contuine to have you in our prayers. Keep up the good work.
Love,
Uncle Danton, Aunt Susan and Kaylyn
Caralee and Seth we love you both along with Sydney. You know she is fighter because she has a great heritage behind her. I know that you have more prayer going out for you and your family. Besides such a great heritage she has an awesome grandma Banks. Keep up the good work. Looking at the pictures brings back alot of memories. We love and thanks for sharing your precious little spirt with us. We Love you lots, and lots. Love Jon and Raean Banks family
seth and caralee,
you guys are so courageous! you are very brave souls. going thru this will little sydney will always make you treasure her, not that you already don't ;) love you thanks for the updates. I love seeing the pics. she is so adorable
Your story today made me laugh. It shows what a fighter your little angle is. I'm so excited that she is doing well and responding to you and her surroundings. Love you lots!
Janese
I am so excited at the progress Sydney Jo is making. It reminds me of when Eden was in the NICU and kept pulling out her feeding tube only 5 seconds after the nurse would put it in. She is on the mend and we are so happy. Hang in there Sis you guys are awesome and your gonna make it. We love you!
Love,
LeAnn
Post a Comment