Monday, February 12, 2007

Look mom no tubes!!!!















At 8:30 this morning our little girl finally got strong enough to come off of the ventilator!!! Yeah!!! It was so nice to be able to see her face again! She was so mad at them when they took it out, she was trying to cry but all that came out was little squeaks because her poor little mouth is so dry. There is a indent on the roof of her mouth where the tube sat for the last 12 days. The nurses said that this afternoon I can hold her and that maybe I will also be able to feed her a bottle!!! I am soooo excited, it has been 12 days since I last got to hold my baby and I am afraid that I wont let her go once she gets in my arms again!!! Last night I was so sad that the tube was still in and I sat and cried and prayed to Heavenly Father that she could gain the strength so that she would be able to breathe on her own, I am so grateful for the power of prayer! Now that she has her vent off we might be out of the PICU by Valentines day and then on the third floor for about five days, so maybe only one more week in the hospital!!!! I can not wait to get to hold my little baby, we will take lots of pictures and post them tomorrow! Thanks for all your support and comments, we love you all and can't wait to see you again!!!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

It's so good to see Sydney's face again. She is such a sweet baby. That's wonderful she got off the ventilator and that her mom and dad get to hold her again. What a great way to celebrate her month old birthday today!!

Anonymous said...

Congratulation!!! It's so exciting to see Sydney face. She is soooo cute!!!Caralee when you hold her today give her a extra hug from us. We can't wait to see more pictures. Happy one month old birthday Sydney!!!We love you and your mommy and daddy. Keep up the good work.
Love Uncle Danton, Aunt Susan and family

Anonymous said...

She looks so good. I'm so happy she was taken off the ventalator. I'm hoping that you can feed her this afternoon. I can't wait to see more pictures of you guys. Get better and I will see you soon.
Stephanie

Stephanie said...

guys that's sooo good that she's off her ventilator. I'm so happy for you guys. In that picture she looks so much like seth. it's adorable. let us know if we can do anything for you.

Anonymous said...

Caralee!
Wahoo!!!! yea for you guys! Sydney has the most adorable face and it's exciting to get to see it again! Thanks for keeping me posted! Can't wait to see the pictures tomorrow!
Janese