Thursday, February 8, 2007

This little piggy!















Our little girl is such a character! She has started trying to pull out all the tubes that she can find, they have caught her several times with her hands around the ventilator tube in her mouth! She is such a pill that they have to put socks on her hands to keep her from pulling something that she shouldn't. She got her folly out last night and she has finally started pooping again! They are still suctioning a lot of blood and gunk from her lungs but they hope to maybe get her off of the ventilator tomorrow! (cross your fingers) If that happens then we might get out of the PICU on Saturday or Sunday! I can't wait until I get to hold her, after the vent is out and the lines that are in her heart out then I will get to hold her, maybe on sunday!!! Her Grandma Banks came to visit her yesterday and made her this cute pink bow and her good Luck Pig is the one that Grandma gave her on the day of her surgery. Grandma also brought stuff to decorate her crib with pink hearts, in honor of her newly fixed heart! Thanks for all of the support, comments and prayers we are so grateful and Sydney thanks you to!

5 comments:

Stephanie said...

haha that's funny. maybe she knows what she needs ;) we'll see...love you guys

Anonymous said...

Caralee,
I'm so happy that she is continuing to progress! Now that I know you read these comments every day I'll try and post more! Sydney sounds like a character!
Love ya lots!
Janese

Anonymous said...

Thank-you for the updates! Sydney looks so precious with her little piggies. I bet you can't wait to hold her.

Anonymous said...

I know that you dedicated parents do not want to leave your little angel, but I thought I would throw this offer out-
if you both would like to go out together for Valentine's, Kelton and I would be willing to sit, read, and talk with little Sydney. We have a sitter for Ethan and Emma so we are available. Let us know if we can help.

Anonymous said...

Sydney Jo is so adorable.Grandma Banks is doing such a good job of decorating.It's great to have such a support team.Your family is so Awesome.Keep up the good work and continue to keep us posted. My only suggestion is maybe get cow!! Love you lots and lots. Jon Raean and Family.